Roughing the Punter??

How does the roughing the punter rule work?

I saw Mooreman get hit hard on two punts.  I thought that this was a penalty.  How does this rule work?

768670[/snapback]

I only saw one of them clearly. On that one the Pats player isn't the one who struck Moorman, it was a Bills player that got pushed back into (and onto) him. I'm pretty sure that's why the flag wasn't thrown.

How does the roughing the punter rule work?

I saw Mooreman get hit hard on two punts.  I thought that this was a penalty.  How does this rule work?

768670[/snapback]

ROUGHING: A personal foul with a 15 yard penalty. Called when a player illegally contacts another player, as in roughing the punter, when a player tackles the punter without touching the ball unless the player plays for the Patriots then the play will go on as if it never hapened.

Actually, I just took another look at it. One Bills gets knocked back into Moorman but there is also a Patriot player from the other side that lands on him as well. It should have at least been running into the kicker (which wouldn't have changed much as it wouldn't have given the Bills a first down).

Actually, I just took another look at it.  One Bills gets knocked back into Moorman but there is also a Patriot player from the other side that lands on him as well.  It should have at least been running into the kicker (which wouldn't have changed much as it wouldn't have given the Bills a first down).

768693[/snapback]

...but it would of given Mooorman another chance - he didn't seem to kick well today...

...but it would of given Mooorman another chance - he didn't seem to kick well today...

768721[/snapback]

How could he play well when he was being run down by the Patriots all day

And yes, the rule is if you tackle (or hit the punter) after the kick, then its a 15 yard penalty, unless its in NE and a Patsie is the one making the hit, then its aloud, just like most calls