Which Sign Should I Make.....

cåblelady

Fair Comments.  My comments is that the Veteran team made the lesser mental mistakes and tightened their game when it counted, whereas the Younger team

made more mistakes at crucial times and paid the price for it.

769788[/snapback]

Noo... the veteran team made plenty of mental mistakes... that were mysteriously, or not so mysteriously, overlooked by the officials. Moorman got run, there were numerous holdings that were not called, and Seymour was two seconds offsides before JP got sacked. The NFL is a sham, that's really all there is to it.

Me too, actually.  I wish I could see the play now, but I had no way to record the game.  NFL.com has him going out of bounds at the NE 46.  Does that seem an even remote possibility to you from looking at the tape?

770051[/snapback]

I'm sure this was covered on the board yesterday... but I wasn't around to read it, and I just happen to be burning a DVD of the game as I type...

Interesting that the gamebook entry doesn't actually SAY he went OOB (as it does with most typical entries); that's just where the penalty was enforced from:

(8:26) 12-T.Brady pass deep left intended for 84-B.Watson INTERCEPTED by 20-D.Whitner at BUF 44. 20-D.Whitner to NE 46 for 10 yards.

PENALTY on BUF-22-N.Clements, Illegal Block Above the Waist, 10 yards, enforced at NE 46.

Nantz/Simms claim the ball was marked at the 38, but he was even further away from the sideline at that point. CBS showed the best angle during the Bills' ensuing offensive series; as Clements is being flagged for his block, Whitner's foot is squarely in the middle of the hashmark. He gets a little closer the next time his right foot lands (on the 44), but still never comes within six inches of the sideline.

Also telling is the fact that when he announces the penalty, Terry McAuley never mentions why play was stopped. A better referee would have, unless he already knew the call was blown. Pereira's going to have to bite the bullet on this one and blame the old "inadvertent whistle"... IF Eisen bothers to ask him about it, that is.

(I sense an e-mail or two to Richie's inbox brewing. :angry: )