Did everyone watch the same game?

Blue Chipper

I think most of you "fans" have lost your mind. The Bills went into NE and played a solid road game. They had the lead going into the 4th qtr and NE made more plays at the end to pull it out. The game was well coached by the Bills and the players for the most part executed well.

Im reading some of these posts and you would think that MM or Hank Bullough was coaching again and we lost by 40. The Bills are probably going to lose another game before the end of the season. I know it might be hard for some of you to accept that. But the team played a good road game and it is something to build on for the Dolphins game. Sure if they had made the 1st down on 4th and 1 it may have tuned out differently- but they didnt. Move on-

I saw a young QB make some plays- a slim down faster Willis hit the hole and his back up run well too. I saw our DE's actually put pressure on the qb. Those to me are positive. I saw a coach who was not afraid to go for a win on the road and not hesitate to make an important call.

This team will be just fine- although some of you guys think the season is already over because we didnt make it on a 4th and 1.

I think most of you "fans" have lost your mind. The Bills went into NE and played a solid road game. They had the lead going into the 4th qtr and NE made more plays at the end to pull it out. The game was well coached by the Bills and the players for the most part executed well.

Im reading some of these posts and you would think that MM or Hank Bullough was coaching again and we lost by 40. The Bills are probably going to lose another game before the end of the season. I know it might be hard for some of you to accept that. But the team played a good road game and it is something to build on for the Dolphins game. Sure if they had made the 1st down on 4th and 1 it may have tuned out differently- but they didnt. Move on-

I saw a young QB make some plays- a slim down faster Willis hit the hole and his back up run well too. I saw our DE's actually put pressure on the qb. Those to me are positive. I saw a coach who was not afraid to go for a win on the road and not hesitate to make an important call.

This team will be just fine- although some of you guys think the season is already over because we didnt make it on a 4th and 1.

767770[/snapback]

Did you see the refs give the game away to NE?

What was the penalty count 15 to 1?

Why was Moorman tackled by three guys on one punt and not given the first down?

How many false starts by their center for flinching his hand?

Not to mention the bad spot on the 4th and 1.

How many times were our defensive line tackled by their o line?

How was the play 3rd and 2 again on Price's catch and the holding call after the run. Isn't that a first down? Does the rule change in NE?

I could go on but I'm getting carpal tunnel.

767770[/snapback]

A LOSS is a LOSS...I am tired of looking for silver linings! Another game the Bills could have won that they found a way to LOSE!

Oh yippee moral victories!  Two years in a row we played well in Foxboro and choked where's our trophy?

767812[/snapback]

you're right- It would have been better if we had played like sh-- and got shut out. What was I thinking about seeing positives in the teams performance.

We saw suspect playcalling seeing as how they ran the same running play several times which resulted in a 1 or 2 yard gain in the second half. We also saw the Bills throw only one pass over 30 yards.

We saw undisciplined football, the Bills got way too many penalties.

We watched Willis McGahee get shut down in the receiving game with the exception of a screen pass.

We saw the defense's inability to stop the run - everyone talks about how quick the defense is and that's great, but the front four has to have the strength to stop the run as well.

Lastly, we saw the special teams struggle, which is rare for this team.

As close as the score looks, the only positive that can be taken from this game is the fact that Losman looked comfortable and played well.

A LOSS is a LOSS...I am tired of looking for silver linings!  Another game the Bills could have won that they found a way to LOSE!

767818[/snapback]

So...what are you going to do about it?

Kinda curious because we all seem to be talking big here, I wonder if by the sheer will of our complaining we can will our way to a victory next week.

Cause that would be somethin'.

you're right- It would have been better if we had played like sh-- and got shut out. What was I thinking about seeing positives in the teams performance.

767831[/snapback]

When you look at the overall picture it looks the same way, they're 1-0 and we're 0-1.

A LOSS is a LOSS...I am tired of looking for silver linings!  Another game the Bills could have won that they found a way to LOSE!

767818[/snapback]

So your tired. :doh:

What are your options?

1. Stop following the Bills

2. Whinge & moan that we didn't become superbowl contenders instantly under the new regime?

3. Look at things a little more realistically & give yourself a change from feeling crap.

Yeah OK BOTTOM LINE = The Bills lost...... :doh:

A couple of things I noticed.

JP played a good game. He trusted his reads and made plays when he could. This is a different QB from last year.

We can run the ball and we will get better at the ground game.

Our young safties need to play now.

We have speed on D.

This team has yet to internalize the new O and D systems. There was a bit of hesitation that cost us on D.

WHEN YOU ARE THE ROAD DOG AND YOU ARE IN THE RED ZONE YOU TAKE THE POINTS.

A yound team fades in the second half. A good effort in a tough loss.

Yeah....in the first half....Where did he go in the second?

767790[/snapback]

Looked to me like he was going backwards for the majority of the second half. He went back so many times, that based on his production in the first half, i got confused on which way the Bills were going.

...I wonder if by the sheer will of our complaining we can will our way to a victory next week.Cause that would be somethin'.

767846[/snapback]

First of all I agree with you and Blue Chipper; the Bills are much further along in the first game than anyone would have dared thought 3 months ago. Not surprised though. This board lost all sense of logic about two years ago.

But your point about complaining has some truth to it. The pats are a team on the decline and their fans know it. Ever hear booing like that before? If the Bills win next week or even lose close and play and continue to progress well that momentum could easily be set back if a bunch of boo-birds show up at the jets game. This isn't a team of the past. Lots of 'look at me" egos that fortunately appear to be starting to think of themselves as Bills. Just the type to go back into the me mode if they think the fans are not on their side. Let's hope the doomsters stay glued to the chat room instead of attending the opener in two weeks.

767770[/snapback]

I am just angry we couldn't hold another 4th quarter lead. 1 point or 100 points, the good teams get it done. We are clearly not a good team. On the road or at home, it's gotta get done.

Seriously, when will it stop?

So your tired. :doh:

What are your options?

1. Stop following the Bills

2. Whinge & moan that we didn't become superbowl contenders instantly under the new regime?

3. Look at things a little more realistically & give yourself a change from feeling crap.

767889[/snapback]

No, what I want is the fans of the Buffalo Bills to stop feeling that losing is acceptable! Over the past decade, Bills fans have become so use to losing that they take it with a grain of salt. Sports is about passion and I will always be fired up when the Bills or Sabres lose game they should win. They should have won the game today!

Ya, I thought the refs sucked.

Ya, I disagree big time with the 4th down call

However, good teams over come things and find ways of winning. Right now the Bills find ways of losing. They did play better then I expected but this was another game we let get away and when do the guys win a close game instead of losing them?