Pick the Best Team

JimBob2232

Okay,

One of these teams is mine. I am not going to tell you which one. (Hint: I am not sure it is the best one). Tell me a) which team you think is mine and b) which team you think is the best team. I'd make a poll, but im not that smart.

Details: 10 team league, PPR, bonus pts for 300yds passing, 100 rec/rushing. 6pt TDs and linup: QB/RB/WR/WR/TE/W-R/W-R/PK/D

Note: Only 1 RB must start each week. Up to 4 WRs may start each week

Team #1

QB: P.Manning, Vick

RB: C. Williams, K. Jones, F. Taylor, C. Taylor, R. Dayne, M. Turner

WR: A. Johnson, S. Moss, T. Glenn, R. Brown

TE: H. Miller

PK: Longwell

DEF: Washington

Team #2

QB: Palmer, Brunell

RB: L. Johnson, L. Jordan, M. Jones-Drew, Addai, Lundy, Norwood

WR: Houshmandzadeh, Driver, Jennings, Wilford

TE: Crumpler

PK: Graham

DEF: Carolina

Team #3

QB: Cullpepper, Roethlisberger, Warner

RB: Portis, Maroney, W. Parker

WR: Ward, Fitzgerald, J. Walker, Toomer, Kennison

TE: Witten, Pollard

PK: J. Brown

DEF: NY Giants

Team #4

QB: Hasselbeck, Green

RB: R. Johnson, Westbrook, Droughns, McCallister, C. Benson

WR: S. Smith, R. Smith, Branch

TE: Shockey, LJ Smith

PK: Rakers

DEF: Tampa Jacksonville

Team #5

QB: McNabb, Brooks

RB: S. Jackson, Rhodes, Bush, P. Holmes

WR: Wayne, Galloway, K. Johnson, Randle El, Porter

TE: Cooley, D. Clark

PK: Elam

DEF: Pittsburgh

Team #6

QB: Bledsoe, Favre

RB: R. Brown, Dunn, D. Davis, C. Brown

WR: Chambers, TO, Williamson, D. Jackson

TE: Heap

PK: Vinatieri, Vanderjagt

DEF: Seattle, Denver

Team #7

QB: E. Manning, Leftwich

RB: Tomlinson, McGahee, T. Jones, L. White

WR: Harrison, Burress, Mason, M. Jones

TE: B. Watson, J. Stevens

PK: Kasay, Wilkins

DEF: Indianapolis

Team #8

QB: Brady, Pennington

RB: T. Bell, S. Alexander, D. Williams

WR: Horn, Muhammad, Stallworth, Coles, Bruce

TE: Gates, Troupe

PK: Feeley

DEF: Chicago, Atlanta

Team #9

QB: Delhomme, Plummer

RB: Barber, D. Foster, Green, Gore, M. Bell

WR: Holt, R. Moss, Ro. Williams, L. Evans, Mi. Clayton

TE: R. McMicheal

PK: Stover

DEF: Miami

Team #10

QB: Bulger, Brees

RB: E. James, Dillon, J. Jones, J. Lewis, M. Barber

WR: C. Johnson, A. Boldin, Burleson, McCardell, Bennett

TE: Gonzalez

PK: Akers

DEF: Baltimore

Again,

1) Which team is mine?

2) Which team will win the league?

Or, if you are so inclined,

Rank the teams from 1-10. I will be back in a few days to tell you which team is mine. Until then....

And just a reminder of the rules up top:

Details: 10 team league, PPR, bonus pts for 300yds passing, 100 rec/rushing. 6pt TDs and linup: QB/RB/WR/WR/TE/W-R/W-R/PK/D

The key to this league is how you want to set up your RB to WR ratio in the starting lineups: 1RB/4WR, 2RB/3WR, 3RB/2WR. A successful draft would set you up to have flexibility to adjust your lineup for matchups and extra category points. Pass-catching RBs give you a ton of room, too.

Team 1:

Will have to go with 3RB/2WR setup, because there’s no depth at WR. Too many of the players on this roster have to have great years for this team to be successful. The Manning pick screwed this owner…probably picked him too high and it cost him/her a stud WR.

Team 2:

Pretty stacked. Would like to see a fourth WR on the bench for more lineup flexibility, and don’t like seeing a QB/WR combo on the same team because of bye week issues, but this team top to bottom will get you points and win most head-to-head matchups (except the week of Cincy’s bye).

Team 3:

Looking at playing the season 1RB/4WR or 2RB/3WR. I like the depth at WR but the third QB probably cost this owner at another position. They will be praying for a healthy Portis and a crippled Corey Dillon (But hey, who isn’t praying for a crippled Dillon? :doh: ).

Team 4:

Here’s the 3RB/2WR team. That’s a great RB group, and starting Westbrook will get this owner receptions and receiving yardage. I don’t like the Branch pick, as I would have preferred to draft a WR that will play before week 10, but this team will win many more weeks than it will lose.

Team 5:

Holmes? This owner should be ashamed of themselves. Other than Pitt, they don’t have a top-five position player anywhere on the roster. It’s almost like they took Jackson with what I’m guessing was the eighth or ninth pick, then left the room for two rounds. Please tell me they didn’t take Priest Holmes in the second round. Ugly.

Team 6:

Extra kicker in a 10-team league is a wasted pick. D. Davis is wasted pick number two. But after those two egregious draft blunders, this owner has still managed to assemble a decent team in spite of him/herself. They have the flex to go 2RB/3WR or 3RB/2WR, so they can play matchups and need. Bledsoe and Favre aren’t great, but will each have the occasional 300 yard game.

Team 7:

I don’t like the extra K, and Stevens isn’t playing for a few weeks, so that’s two wasted picks, IMO. The QB/WR from the same team issue applies here, as well. That being said, this is a solid roster that will allow for an array of different lineups from week to week. If McGahee and Watson have the years they’re projected to have this team will be killer.

Team 8:

A 2RB/3WR team without much flexibility. I think the WRs are OK, and Gates will help out with those categories. This owner needs Brees to have a good season getting the ball to Horn, and Alexander to kick ass.

Team 9:

Wow. Great team for this league. The only point of contention would be the Miami bye week hits 20% of the roster, but with that being said, this lineup is stacked in any of the RB/WR starting ratios.

Team 10:

Best draft of the league, if Dillon stays healthy. The QBs will put up yardage. The RBs will get points in four categories. This team should win this league.

-------------------------------------

You are either team #2 or team #4. You can’t be team #9 because, like me, you would never draft anybody from Miami. I don’t think you would spend a pick on an extra kicker so that eliminates #6 and #7.

I think you are team #2 (but could also be #4), and you’ll be playing team #10 in the championship.

Not sure if you're 7 or 9.  I've never been a homer but I ended up w/ Evans in both my drafts this year; maybe a coincidence; not sure. 

I'm not motivated enough to closely examine and split hairs picking a best team but team #1 is the worst.

763538[/snapback]

I think team 6 is by far the worst. Bledsoe and Favre? They also have Dominick (done) Davis and half the team is injured.

I think team 6 is by far the worst. Bledsoe and Favre? They also have Dominick (done) Davis and half the team is injured.

765533[/snapback]

Yeah but at least they have 2 good RB's and also slightly better WR's.

Not that I'd want Bledsoe QB'ing my pop warner team if I'm trying to win a championship but I think he's going to put up some good #'s this year.

Nicely done. Thanks guys. I thought maybe this would be the best way to get a real opinion on my team. You really need the whole picture to make an informed decision.

My team....Team #9.

Yes, I drafted a couple Fins...but the dolphins were my LAST pick (and likely wont be on my team for long). McMicheal was clearly the best TE on the board when i took him. Not too worried about either. Though Vernon Davis is undrafted and I want to pick him up after the waiver period ends...though I dont know who to throw under the bus. I am more worried about the CAR bye week, but I think my QBs are pretty comparable. I also see the potential for many boom or bust weeks. I think there will be weeks I lead the league in scoring by far, and weeks where i just bite it. WRs are inconsistant, though I think i clearly have the best group of the bunch.

Team #6 was an autodraft. Unfortunatly the guy had to work. That explains that away. He is a pretty smart FF player though, he will likely play the WW fine and compete in the end.

Team #8 won the league last year.

Team #10 is the commish who knows what he is doing. Also a bears fan, so it is likely his QBs will wind up being busts.

Priest....???? Perhaps they ment to take santonio...I dont konw. (or they were using a year old draft guide!)

Thanks for your input. I find the blind rating of teams quite interesting and may try to do it again in the future!

My top 3 (in no particular order) 7,9,10

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.