WR: Anquan Boldin, Lee Evans, Reggie Brown

Ernest Wilford, Kevin Curtis

TE: Jeremy Shockey

K: Josh Scobee

DEF: Philadelphia

Clevland

I like,especially your RBs and WRs! :w00t:

761118[/snapback]

I really try to avoid drafting Bills players, unless they are the best available...I picked Willis with the #11 pick, because 9 of the 10 picks before that were RB's...he really was the best available at that time...I had him last year too....

I also normally limit myself to 1 rookie, normally a RB (Cadillac last year) but, in a 12 man leauge, it is just damn hard to get more than one quality starter...I am keeping my fingers crossed on Bush and Maroney!

Same with Evans too...I got him in the sixth round...the guy I had targeted there, had gotten picked right before that....I only had Boldin at that point (I always pick 6 RB's), and quality #1 second tier guys were starting to go fast.

I am pretty happy with my starters...I guess I am gambling a bit with Palmer, but he sure looked good in preseaoson, healthwise, and I think he is awesome...the next great one...

I don't really see a #14 overall pick dude. I'm guessing it was Palmer and I'm a huge fan of his too (in 'real' football) but I don't like that pick at all. If everyone in front nabbed RB's I would've rather grabbed a stud WR and you still could've gotten a solid QB much later. Either that or reach for a solid 2nd RB who gets all the carries. I don't have a problem with Bush, Dillion, Rhodes, or Benson but it's weird how you have none of their handcuffs but I dunno how the draft played out.

I don't really see a #14 overall pick dude.  I'm guessing it was Palmer and  I'm a huge fan of his too (in 'real' football) but I don't like that pick at all.  If everyone in front nabbed RB's I would've rather grabbed a stud WR and you still could've gotten a solid QB much later.  Either that or reach for a solid 2nd RB who gets all the carries.  I don't have a problem with Bush, Dillion, Rhodes, or Benson but it's weird how you have none of their handcuffs but I dunno how the draft played out.

761142[/snapback]

I agree. Instead of Palmer/Maroney you could have had Carnell Williams/Delhomme. (or some variation thereof). This hurts your overall team alot IMO. However, you have managed to pull off a pretty good starting linup dispite that blunder. Assuming Bush is Bush and you have NO injuries (except possibly a WR), you could win your league. I cant make a prediction, because if nobody gets hurt, I think you win it all. If Bush doesnt perform or palmer isnt back to his old form, bottom third of the league.

Aside from me being an absoute Bills homer, I really do believe that LE will turn into a top 10 fantasy WR: He is the #1 guy which will mean more opportunity, his blazing speed along with JP's arm will bode well in performance based leagues that give bonuses for distances, and he is relatively good value right now going in the draft right around where you selected him. I took him as well as my #3 :w00t:

I think you might be a little weak at RB though.

I don't really see a #14 overall pick dude.  I'm guessing it was Palmer and  I'm a huge fan of his too (in 'real' football) but I don't like that pick at all.  If everyone in front nabbed RB's I would've rather grabbed a stud WR and you still could've gotten a solid QB much later.  Either that or reach for a solid 2nd RB who gets all the carries.  I don't have a problem with Bush, Dillion, Rhodes, or Benson but it's weird how you have none of their handcuffs but I dunno how the draft played out.

761142[/snapback]

Yeah, Palmer was my second pick...it was a little bit of a gamble, but I was determined to get either Manning, Brady or Palmer, the eilite three as far as I am concerned...head and shoulders above the rest, as far as fantasy football is concerned...

If Palmer goes down, I am thinking Kitna is going to be one of those "solid" starts...you know the Lions are going to be throwing the ball a lot. The Bengals offense has so many weapons, unless he is injured (a possibility I know) it is almost impossible for Palmer not to put up at least decent fantasy stats every week...there is one guy in my leauge who, inexplicably, has three legit #1 QB's (Manning, Culpepper and Simms I think) and little else...I am sure I can work out a trade somewhere!

I have won my leauge the last two years, and it was when I stopped worrying as much about wide receivers...of the three main positions (QB, RB and WR) wideouts are the most up and down, because their success is dependent on so many more variables than the other two...I have Boldin, who I consider a solid start every week. Beyond Boldin, Fitzgerald, Steve Smith, Chad Johnson & Terrell Owens (when he is in the "right place" with himself) there are not many receivers who are a sure thing every week...I picked Marvin Harrison last season, and he was pretty average, to below average, most of the season...the Colts just spread the ball around too much for our purposes...in previous years I have had gotten nothing but disappointment from picking "stud" receivers too early...Eric Moulds, Randy Moss, Marvin Harrison...

I had targeted getting two RB's (maybe three if there were worthy candidates) and a QB in the first three rounds. Everyone in my leauge seemed to have gotten the memo, finally, this year, that RB's were uber important...so I ended up with McGahee (#1- all things equal, a little higher than I might have wanted to pick him, but not much....), Palmer (#2- if he is healthy this is an absolute steal) and Reggie Bush (#3)...I would have preferred a more proven player than Bush, but there really wasn't one there worth a crap by that time...

Aside from me being an absoute Bills homer, I really do believe that LE will turn into a top 10 fantasy WR:  He is the #1 guy which will mean more opportunity, his blazing speed along with JP's arm will bode well in performance based leagues that give bonuses for distances, and he is relatively good value right now going in the draft right around where you selected him.  I took him as well as my #3  :w00t:

I think you might be a little weak at RB though.

761417[/snapback]

I hear you...I actually feel pretty good about Willis too! I am starting to think, if the switch has been flicked on for JP (as some are suggesting), the Bills offense might be pretty damn good...

Hehe, I'm in this league too.

QBs - Plummer, Brooks, Losman

RB - Cadillac Williams, DeShaun Foster, Reuben Droughns, Jerious Norwood, Stephen Davis

WR - Steve Smith, Donald Driver, TJ Houshmanzadeh, Michael Clayton

TE - Antonio Gates, Vernon Davis

PK - Stover

D - Wash, SD

RB - Cadillac Williams, DeShaun Foster, Reuben Droughns, Jerious Norwood, Stephen Davis

PK - Stover

D - Wash, SD

761611[/snapback]

I like your team better than mine, want to trade? :w00t:

PK - Stover

D - Wash, SD

761611[/snapback]

Looks like you got the team to beat. :(

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.