Interesting that three of the waived players

jahnyc

I can't remember over the recent history of the Bills this number of players being picked up by other teams after the final cuts. King, Baker and Smith (regular roster) and Gates, Nance and Geisinger (practice squads).

I don't think this goes to our overall talent, although there are some positions that have quality players and depth. I think we have a talented secondary and a number of receivers who are adequate 4th or 5th wide receivers and good special team performers (which made making the team as a receiver tough).

The Bills do not seem to have much overall talent on the oline and the dline. Peters, Schobel and Triplett are the exceptions. We will see whether JP is our quarterback of the present and the future.

I was thinking abut this earlier today, it can be argued that this is not true across the board for every position, it appears that all the different competions in camp led to a more talented roster this year. I think it is a good sign of moving in the right direction when the Pats are picking up our cuts. While I don't suggest reading too much into it it is a cheerful thought.