Emergency!

Oneonta Buffalo Fan

Ok, I think we all saw the news that Big Ben will miss several weeks due to his surgery. Trust me when I say this, my dads a doctor and he said that this type of injury will keep him out for 2-4 weeks. Anyway, I have Delhomme, Big Ben , and Brees as my Qbs. I need to start 2 of them. Delhomme is the first one but who else to start. I know that some of you drafted Roethlisberger and I know that I'm stuck with Brees for several weeks. However, there are several Qbs still on the waivers list. The 4 Qbs i'm leaning on are Losman, Carr, Simms, and Brooks (yeah right, Brooks, :lol: ). So, What should I do with my team down the road.

#1- Keep Roethlisberger on my team and start Brees until Roethlisberger's healthy.

#2- Cut Roethlisberger and pick up one of these 4 players, but starting Brees. (least likely to choose) :w00t:

#3- Keep Roethlisberger, cut Wiggins (Te Vikings), and picks up Simms. :D

I'm leaning toward #3. But that leaves the burning question who do I start for week 1 and most likely until Big Ben is healthy. Do I start Brees or Simms? Brees has more experience and a better matchup for week 1, but he could be in for a long season. Simms has more weapons to throw to but less experience. However TB is a better playoff contender than the Saints. Help!

Also on a side note should I start Burress or Glenn at Wr, behind Reggie Wayne.

Thanks and Go Bills!

Ok, I think we all saw the news that Big Ben will miss several weeks due to his surgery.  Trust me when I say this, my dads a doctor and he said that this type of injury will keep him out for 8-10 weeks.  Anyway, I have Delhomme, Big Ben , and Brees as my  Qbs.  I need to start 2 of them.  Delhomme is the first one but who else to start.  I know that some of you drafted Roethlisberger and I know that I'm stuck with Brees for several weeks.  However, there are several Qbs still on the waivers list.  The 4 Qbs i'm leaning on are Losman, Carr, Simms, and Brooks (yeah right, Brooks,  :lol: ).  So, What should I do with my team down the road.

#1- Keep Roethlisberger on my team and start Brees until Roethlisberger's healthy.

#2- Cut Roethlisberger and pick up one of these 4 players, but starting Brees. (least likely to choose) :w00t:

#3- Keep Roethlisberger, cut Wiggins (Te Vikings), and picks up Simms. :D

I'm leaning toward #3.  But that leaves the burning question who do I start for week 1 and most likely until Big Ben is healthy.  Do I start Brees or Simms?  Brees has more experience and a better matchup for week 1, but he could be in for a long season.  Simms has more weapons to throw to but less experience.  However TB is a better playoff contender than the Saints.  Help!

Also on a side note should I start Burress or Glenn at Wr, behind Reggie Wayne.

Thanks and Go Bills!

760853[/snapback]

Believe it or not, Brooks is a good choice.

Pick Aaron up and start him, cut Wiggins if you have other WRs.

As far as WR goes, start Burress until Bledsoe is back, then start Glenn.

Believe it or not, Brooks is a good choice.

Pick Aaron up and start him, cut Wiggins if you have other WRs.

As far as WR goes, start Burress until Bledsoe is back, then start Glenn.

760869[/snapback]

ok but I don't think I'll pick up Brooks. I have already cut Wiggins and picked up Simms, but like I said before who should I start at Qb this week and most likely for the next 3 weeks. Brees or Simms? I'm leaning towards Simms.

ok but I don't think I'll pick up Brooks.  I have already cut Wiggins and picked up Simms, but like I said before who should I start at Qb this week and most likely for the next 8 weeks.  Brees or Simms?  I'm leaning towards Simms.

761349[/snapback]

Hines Ward had the same surgery in 2002 and missed a week or so. From what I understand it didn't burst and even Hines was saying he should be back week 2 or 3. Something about going in with a scope. So tell your Dad to put the meat cleaver down and step away from the patient. :(

I like Simms too, TB should be cranking up the Gruden offense this year.

ok but I don't think I'll pick up Brooks.  I have already cut Wiggins and picked up Simms, but like I said before who should I start at Qb this week and most likely for the next 3 weeks.  Brees or Simms?  I'm leaning towards Simms.

761349[/snapback]

I wouldn't start Simms vs. the Ravens.

Need the rest of your roster. Are you carrying 2 DEF or 2 PKs (or even 2 TEs)? If so, consider dropping them. Pick up brooks for sure. Also consider some of the guys with great upside. (yes, Losman is one...also V.Young, A. Smith, C. Frye, those kinda guys). If you hit gold you will be very happy. If they bomb week 1, cut them and pick up someone else. But start brees or brooks this week

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.