No Matter What The Record Is This Year

Okay, let's all agree that preseason stats and results are a very weak measure of anything. Good, now we can move on.

JP has looked good and showed some signs of improving the things he needs to work on, has shown flashes of brilliance and his big time talents, and has shown frustrating bad decisions and bad execution on some plays.

How will all of this add up to his development as a quarterback? I think he has shown vast improvement on his reads, his pocket presense, and his decision making. He is young and is going to make some mistakes, but in my judgement from what I have seen this preseason, he is going to have a solid year and has a good chance of developing into a very good quarterback.

I see JP's improvement, too. Gives me some hope for 8-8. The first half of the season is the toughest, but if they can make it to the snow games without any major injuries, I can see them winning 7 or 8. I was at the ATL game last year, and when TKO went down it was like someone let all the air out of a balloon. Spikes is an energizer; they need him healthy if they're going to have any sort of consistent success.

Not stomping, just presenting information.  I believe JP has proven that he can throw a long ball.  But too be honest I sill have not seen him complete intermediate nor short routes, and really go through progression on the reads.  That to me, in real game speed (non-preseason) will show me that he has progressed.  Until then he only was 40th best QB in preseason and had a couple of nice plays the last two weeks.  Which to be honest is a lot more then he has shown the previous 2 years and first 2 preseason games.

759110[/snapback]

Let me guess.....you work for the VA, right?

Players can't decide who they play against.  All lthey can do is perform against who is out there.

Also, JP played against 2nd stringers in Car and Det.  Sorry to burst your bubble.  :)

And to add on, Cassel, Wright, Brady, and Wright all got time playing against 1st stringer, and all had more APG and better numbers overall.

759136[/snapback]

If you believed in steady improvement of performance instead of quantum leaps, perhaps you'd be more optimistic.

Not stomping, just presenting information.  I believe JP has proven that he can throw a long ball.  But too be honest I sill have not seen him complete intermediate nor short routes, and really go through progression on the reads.  That to me, in real game speed (non-preseason) will show me that he has progressed.  Until then he only was 40th best QB in preseason and had a couple of nice plays the last two weeks.  Which to be honest is a lot more then he has shown the previous 2 years and first 2 preseason games.

759110[/snapback]

He's the 8th best QB!

I am waiting for at least one optomistic thread make it past 4 posts

759204[/snapback]

You're right, it's easier said than done, lol....I don't see the point in NOT being optimistic at this point in the season.....but that's just me.

There is reason for optimism. They look better than what they did last year. JP is being helped by AVP and the other offensive coaching staff. JP will have his ups and downs. He did not transform in one year to be Joe Montana, but he is learning how to play within himself. That is what we have to be optimistic about.

I just want a team that shows up every Sunday and plays hard this year.

\

Yes, the team isn't going to the super bowl, but for the first time in too many years, the team will be energized, playing hard, and will have a coaching staff/front office, worried about this teams long term success. This is a team we can all be proud of and looking back to last year, is a victory in and of itself!

I know that, and I do get your point.

But it's night and day compared to last preseason. 

He LOOKS like he knows what he's doing, the numbers SHOW he knows what he's doing, and the fact he doesn't try to take off at the first sign of trouble like games past offers encouragement that he's getting better... I tend to believe it.

But it means crap right now. I get your point.

759109[/snapback]

All the negative Nancy's say the preseason means nothing.

I believe that there is definite marked improvement in Losmans play.

If ANYTHING at all at least he doesn't look so out of place in the backfield anymore.