Andre Agassi

ajzepp

wow, okay, I'm impressed with him.....I still think he's goofy looking, but he's got more mental game than I thought.

I'm surprised to hear Johnny Mac say that an overhead is "the easiest shot". I used to be able to rocket an overhead smash like you wouldn't believe, but after a few sets it's NOT an easy shot, IMO.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the two coolest "times" during the tennis season: Sunday morning on centre court at Wimbledon, and night tennis as the US Open :lol:

no doubt...  i'm just getting used to the blue court though!

758193[/snapback]

Yeah, it has too much of an "indoor tennis" feel to it when the camera angle is tight. You watching in high def, by chance?

no HD here...  watching it on the old 19" samsung.  by the way, bagdatis just broke agassi.  we might be looking at a 5th set.

758202[/snapback]

yep, I can't believe what I'm watching....I thought for sure Andre had this in the bag. He looks to be wearing down :lol:

yeah, there's a whole set to go here, but it looks like agassi might be toast.  Hope i'm wrong though, but bagdatis is working him all over the court and has really taken the physical game.

758205[/snapback]

I agree...Baghdadis has come back like a champ, but I want to see if he's a finisher. He's playing one of the greatest players of all time in the toughest tourney in tennis, fifth set, under the lights.....this will be good.

I agree...Baghdadis has come back like a champ, but I want to see if he's a finisher. He's playing one of the greatest players of all time in the toughest tourney in tennis, fifth set, under the lights.....this will be good.

758211[/snapback]

i just hope its "sampras puking on the crowd" good... by the way, if i stop responding, its either cause the directv and/or cable goes out. the hurricane is really coming in hard now. we've had about 6-7" of rain and the wind is now up to about 50-60 mph sustained.

although, i will give directv some major props. it seems to go out with heavy cloud cover/hard downpours, but its strong during all the hurricanes we've had. go figure.

i just hope its "sampras puking on the crowd" good...  by the way, if i stop responding, its either cause the directv and/or cable goes out.  the hurricane is really coming in hard now.  we've had about 6-7" of rain and the wind is now up to about 50-60 mph sustained.

758213[/snapback]

geesh, okay, well be safe man....just nice to see another tennis fan on here :lol:

oh snap...  baghdatis is in an injury time out!

758218[/snapback]

Man, if Andre loses here I'm gonna be totally bummed....I'm not ready for him to get knocked out just yet :lol:

if i may ask, where do you play?

758222[/snapback]

I haven't played in a good while, unfortunately. I started at the age of 4, though, and played competitively up through my teens. It's probably the one sport I could have really considered sticking with and going pro one day....I was pretty good. I'm totally out of shape now, though...even LanaK6 could beat me, lol. But I absolutely love the game.