Washington 0 New England 41

Shamrock

How insightful, Joseph.

I'm not saying the guy won't fail a second time around.  I'm also not saying that I KNOW for a FACT that he will. 

I lived in Erie surrouded by many Browns fans who would gladly hang Belichick in effigy just like we would do to Gregg Williams.  They were just as passionate about seeing him run out on a rail, and were just as wrong about his chances to improve on his stint in Cleveland in another location. 

Bottom line:  time will tell.

753850[/snapback]

Brown fans were just irrational about an overrated, past his prine Bernie Kosar being cut. BB made some mistakes, but put together a decent playoff team there. It's not his fault that the owner announced the move during the season and his team quit on him.

Brown fans were just irrational about an overrated, past his prine Bernie Kosar being cut.  BB made some mistakes, but put together a decent playoff team there.  It's not his fault that the owner announced the move during the season and his team quit on him.

753860[/snapback]

Fans? Irrational about a coach?

I just can't see that.

Yes it is preseason. Yes, you wear rose coloured lenses, the glass is half full. Yes, it's not about winning but evaluating your talent, depth and to play situations "live" rather than against a team-mate.

What do you make of the 41-0 scoreline, noting the aforementioned.

Washington suck, or week 1 is going to be The Test we knew when the schedule was announced?

Gee, I'm glad the Skin's faithful got to see Todd Collins throw 1 pass...

G  GS Att Comp  %    Yd  Yd/ Att Lg  Td INT Tkld  20+40+ Rate

1997 Buffalo Bills 14 13 391 215    55.0 2367 6.05    77 12 13 39/278 27  9    69.5

This was Todd's 3rd season stats that saw him go nowhere but out of Buffalo to KC clipboard holder...Losman's in his 3rd year... hmmm

753076[/snapback]

I was at the game on Saturday and I've got to tell ya - I can't think of a single bright spot for the Skins unless you count not suffering any serious injuries. They couldn't do anything on either side of the ball. Brandon Lloyd got deep and the ball hit him in the hands and he dropped it. Brunell looked like a rookie when he got pressured, stepped up and flicked a little shovel pass right to a defender (not sure how he dropped it). Ugly.

To give the Pats their due, they also looked very good - really hitting on all cylinders. You might hady Brady (I do), but he looked very good out there.

Put those things together and you get 41-0.

Not saying this will be us in week 1 - but if we look as bad as the Skins did and the Pats play as well as they did it will be a very long afternoon...

Great the $2M coordinator put together.  Did he blitz Brady every down and have it continually fail like in Buffalo?

753956[/snapback]

Yes, the funny thing about that comment is that a Skins fan said to me, you have to love GW, he brings 8 guys every down, and it creates pressure that most teams cannot handle. Reminded him of Buddy Ryan.

How insightful, Joseph.

I'm not saying the guy won't fail a second time around.  I'm also not saying that I KNOW for a FACT that he will. 

I lived in Erie surrouded by many Browns fans who would gladly hang Belichick in effigy just like we would do to Gregg Williams.  They were just as passionate about seeing him run out on a rail, and were just as wrong about his chances to improve on his stint in Cleveland in another location. 

Bottom line:  time will tell.

753850[/snapback]

Sorry but he's right. The "but Bill Bellichick" line has been beaten to death, and it's stupid primarily because there aren't any other good examples of retreads succeeding. For every BB there are dozens of Dave Wandsteadts and Rich Kotites and Dom Capers' but somehow that doesn't matter? And as pointed out, there were unusual circumstances in Cleveland that Greggo never had to deal with; not to mention the fact that the Browns actually won 11 games in his last 'normal' season.

Sorry but he's right.  The "but Bill Bellichick" line has been beaten to death, and it's stupid primarily because there aren't any other good examples of retreads succeeding.  For every BB there are dozens of Dave Wandsteadts and Rich Kotites and Dom Capers' but somehow that doesn't matter?  And as pointed out, there were unusual circumstances in Cleveland that Greggo never had to deal with; not to mention the fact that the Browns actually won 11 games in his last 'normal' season.

754126[/snapback]

Here's my point: there is no way we can know whether he will be a successful head coach in his next go 'round until he is given the opportunity. Anything else is just stating opinion as fact, which is, @ the end of the day, opinion only.

Here's my point:  there is no way we can know whether he will be a successful head coach in his next go 'round until he is given the opportunity.  Anything else is just stating opinion as fact, which is, @ the end of the day, opinion only.

754131[/snapback]

Oh, I missed that this was the "proven facts only" forum.

It is a message board...what's the problem with making predictions based on strong evidence?...is it taboo to predict that the Bills offense will suck this year?

Oh, I missed that this was the "proven facts only" forum.   

It is a message board...what's the problem with making predictions based on strong evidence?...is it taboo to predict that the Bills offense will suck this year?

754136[/snapback]

Sigh....

Stating opinions is never a bad thing. Everyone here does it. What bothers me is when people take it to the next level and act as if they know something for a fact that hasn't happened yet.

You don't see it that way, and I respect that.