Attention Boston-area Bills fans

Not to sound like a commercial for JetBlue, but they are flying non-stops to Buffalo from Boston-Logan for $59! That's cheaper than a tank of gas and tolls!! They even have an early Sunday flight the day of the game. Besides, they are a corporate supporter of the Bills.

PTR

Thanks for that announcement...

I say fly JETBLUE over USAIRWAYS anytime you can. When JETBLUE announced direct BOS/BUF flights at discounted rates - USAIRWAYS responded -- added SEVEN direct flights, at the same rate between BUF and BOS.

Yeah, makes sense... but screw them! I'd rather see JETBLUE do well... I'm tired of getting raped by poor service and expensive flights on USAIRWAYS.

Sorry, but that's how I feel...

PS: Anyone got any extra tickets to the Bills/Pats home opener in Foxboro?

I live in Boston and have season tix--this is the best thing in the world. I've already done it a few times and it is the easiest flight. Cheaper than driving by a large margin. That is, if you can stay with family.

I live in Boston and have season tix--this is the best thing in the world.  I've already done it a few times and it is the easiest flight.  Cheaper than driving by a large margin.  That is, if you can stay with family.

749085[/snapback]

I hear you Ray... I lived in Boston the last two years and had season tickets. Only missed the Jets 4:00 game last season. That drive was pretty tough and with gas continually going up it seems as though more expensive than flying. Unfortunately JetBlue didn't have the direct flight from Boston to Buffalo the last couple seasons so USAir had no reason to lower their prices.

Fortunately, I'm going to grad school in Rochester this year so my drive is a lot shorter for the games this season!!!

Plus JetBlue is just a much more pleasurable flying experience - nicer planes, nicer amenities, nicer people, and everything's blue - the beer is Labatt Blue, the vodka is Skyy - in the blue bottle, and those blue potato chips...mmmm!

I would NEVER fly USAirways if there was a reasonable alternative - and this goes back to the days of the drunken, coke-snortin' pilots of 'US Scare' and the terrifying puddle-jumpers of 'Agony Air'! They screwed Buffalo for so long and got away with it because they could drive out the competition - i.e., Frontier, Shuttle America, et al. Now that there are competitors with enough critical mass - like Southwest and JetBlue - USAirways drops their rates - but not until the first day of direct Buffalo-Boston service on JetBlue!

OK, I feel better now after that brief rant - I'm going to book my JetBlue fight for the New England game today.

Not to sound like a commercial for JetBlue, but they are flying non-stops to Buffalo from Boston-Logan for $59!  That's cheaper than a tank of gas and tolls!!  They even have an early Sunday flight the day of the game.  Besides, they are a corporate supporter of the Bills.

PTR

749078[/snapback]

damn I got all excited but jet blue from rdu to buf roundtrip is 277$ I think I can book useless Air or NW for a better deal than that.

damn I got all excited but jet blue from rdu to buf roundtrip is 277$ I think I can book useless Air or NW for a better deal than that.

749120[/snapback]

Perhaps booking a few weeks ago would have made a difference, but I got cheaper flights at better times when I booked on USAir this morning.

Competition is a beautiful thing ... capitalism rocks :-)

749120[/snapback]

Yeah...that's because JetBlue 'hubs' everything thru JFK, so Raleigh-Durham-to-Buffalo is actually Raleigh-Durham-to-NYC-to-Buffalo.

They fly longer legs direct from a couple of other cities - like Boston to LA - but only recently acquired some smaller jets and started direct service from Buffalo to Boston. Given the success of that route, I'd expect they'll be adding direct service from Buffalo to other cities - like Raleigh, NC - very soon.

Yeah...that's because JetBlue 'hubs' everything thru JFK, so Raleigh-Durham-to-Buffalo is actually Raleigh-Durham-to-NYC-to-Buffalo.

They fly longer legs direct from a couple of other cities - like Boston to LA - but only recently acquired some smaller jets and started direct service from Buffalo to Boston.  Given the success of that route, I'd expect they'll be adding direct service from Buffalo to other cities  - like Raleigh, NC - very soon.

749154[/snapback]

Man that would be great we had this airline midway and before that american that had direct service from rdu to buf and rochester. Hope jetblue expands here with all the WNY living in central NC

Tom Brady is still testing them - when he has a preference we'll see them (hopefully with his face on each)...

749225[/snapback]

I don't think Brady would let them put his face on a tampon... he doesn't want to go anywhere near a pu$$y