Where can I find highlights online??

Fewell733

my 2cents and i have around 18 posts and do know of LABillz, i found his post a bit "tasteless", racist? maybe, definitly tasteless, but thats just me

Oh thats right, the number of posts qualifies you as knowing someones personality well enough to know if they are a racist. Just because you have 3000 posts and you know everyone on here, does not mean you know them well enough to know if they are a racist or not. Being a jokester is one thing, but to me, that post seemed somewhat racist to me. You call it redundantly stupid, other people enjoy the music, some people might call your music redudantly stupid, does that make it any worse or better, my point is, regardless of what you think of the music, and weather you agree with the content and lyrics or not, that comment was racist, I don't need to get to know my audience at all, i've been reading this board for quite some time but didn't choose to create an account untill the first preseason game, I was making an observation based on the comment, I found it offensive, and under a different audience, one that is more inclined to listen to that kind of music, im sure they would have also.

748122[/snapback]

Um last time I checked how many posts I have doesn't unqualify my accusations of someone being a racist. Him saying the song was called "You Dumb Nigga B word" is what I found racist. I listen to all types of music and to hear someone make such a unfounded and racist comment, I think its pretty blatant, not once in the song does it say you dumb nigga B word, and just because people tastes in music are different, that comment was definetly uncalled for. If you don't like it fine, but no need to label it like that, I found it extremely distasteful. It was clearly a reference to the rap music on the highlight.

747973[/snapback]

You know what dude, it might as well have said that in the lyrics. DMX has certainly used the phrase "nigga" and "B word" in his lyrics before. And also not to mention it is well known that he's a high ranking member of the bloods, so FU_K him in his ear. More people need to dislike folks like him, actually more people should hate folks like him. He will never be part of the solution, he will ALWAYS exist as the problem.

You know what dude, it might as well have said that in the lyrics.  DMX has certainly used the phrase "nigga" and "B word" in his lyrics before.  And also not to mention it is well known that he's a high ranking member of the bloods, so FU_K him in his ear.  More people need to dislike folks like him, actually more people should hate folks like him.  He will never be part of the solution, he will ALWAYS exist as the problem.

748128[/snapback]

Oh so just because he has said the words nigga and B word that automatically makes the name of the song dumb nigga B word? Obviously this was just ignorance on LAbillz part, and since your mr. know it all, show me where hes a high ranking member of the blood, more people need to dislike him? for what, what does that have to do with what LAbillz ignorantly said the name of the song was, it was obviously a jab at rap music, and it was on the side of racism, im not saying he is racist or not, but I am saying that comment was borderline racist. Theirs alot more problems then rap artists saying those kinds of things, but obviously your in the same ignorant boat so I won't bother getting into this discussion, on another note, if you really want to know what a problem in america is, go watch the free video at www.seeloosechange.com and then, after you watch the FULL VIDEO, come back and talk. Now thats a problem.

To add something else. Football is a sport predominately played by young black males. The majority of whom probably listen to rap music. While happening to like rap music I dislike that song. The saying goes if you dont like something don't listen to it. There's a volume control on youtube just turn it down and watch the video without the music.

With that said I didn't find LA's post to be racist, like someone else stated it was more tongue in cheek refrence to the words in the song. A little classless probably but I wont label him a racist. Too much sh-- these days is misconstrued as racism, to just be throwing around labels like that.

Oh so just because he has said the words nigga and B word that automatically makes the name of the song dumb nigga B word? Obviously this was just ignorance on LAbillz part, and since your mr. know it all, show me where hes a high ranking member of the blood, more people need to dislike him? for what, what does that have to do with what LAbillz ignorantly said the name of the song was, it was obviously a jab at rap music, and it was on the side of racism, im not saying he is racist or not, but I am saying that comment was borderline racist. Theirs alot more problems then rap artists saying those kinds of things, but obviously your in the same ignorant boat so I won't bother getting into this discussion, on another note, if you really want to know what a problem in america is, go watch the free video at www.seeloosechange.com and then, after you watch the FULL VIDEO, come back and talk. Now thats a problem.

748131[/snapback]

http://www.preventdelinquency.org/child-threat.php

There's a link.

My career is in law enforcement and at every gang seminar I have ever been to he (DMX) has been referenced as a member of the Bloods. I'm not sure if you know or not but the Bloods are one of the most ruthless street gangs in the country/world. Their criminal ties run deep and the victims of their crimes are often random. (i.e. the victim did not know the perpetrator). It's usually not some mom and pop sh_t.

Anyone who thinks that it's okay for people to fantasize/lyricise about murder/robbery/drug dealing etc. is ALSO PART OF THE PROBLEM. I do have a problem with violent rap music or anything that promotes violence altogether. I believe in free speech but not when it encourages/idolizes extremely dangerous activity.

I have listened my fair share of rap music in my day (particularly older school stuff, Public Enemy, tribe called quest etc). Rap music has lost it's non-violent, pacifistically subversive and socially aware position because of idiots like DMX. Credibility gets killed when all that gets spoken about is crime and womanizing. If a problem is perceived then address it, don't add to it while diminishing others perspectives of yourself.

And I do agree that there is a multitude of other problems that need to be dealt with but quite often I find that certain rappers whine and complain about "the system" but then do nothing constructive to promote change.

My original response was rash. You can't answer hate with more hate, it all explodes eventually and then threads like this end up on a message board that is supposed to be for discussion of a certain professional sports team that I almost forgot about.

:blush:

Man, oh, man. Spend all weekend with my family, and find THIS conversation going on because of a joke?

First, Headintheclouds, if my comments are racist, then that must mean the song is racist, no? Or is it okay to use the words "nigga" and "B word" 1000 times in a song as long as you don't use them together? If he can use them over and over and it's not a problem, then I can use them over and over and it's not a problem, dig? If my comment was racist, than that must mean the song is racist. Please pick one.

Second, Pooj, how come my comments are tasteless but Howard Stern is funny? :blush: (I'm joking, dude. Just joking.)

So I'm sorry I wasn't around while all this was going on last night. That'll teach me to spend the night with my dumb cracker B word.