[OT] Neil Young stole the show. He always does ...

Well, it was indeed an awesome show. Best concert I've seen in years. Anyone else make it up there last night? Neil Young stole the show - he always does. They played for three-and-a-half hours, and the breaks weren't that long, either. Man, it's like a romp through the history of rock music. It was an amazing show! The closing is an incredible long version of Rockin' In The Fee World, featuring Steven Stills and Neil Yound playing twin lead guitars, and Neil jamming like I haven't seen him do since Crazy Horse was touring for Rust. They play almost all of the new Young album Living With War ... he's got his anger back, and it jump-started his song-writing again. Great protest songs, great rock & roll. They also played a lot of their oldest (and best) classics. They throw in a few tunes (the best ones, actually) off of David Crosby's new album. (Everybody loved Treetop Pilot ... a humorous rock ditty about a military pilot who comes back from 'Nam and becomes a smuggler pilot.) Plus a few off of Steven Stills newest studio release. The version of Flags Of Freedom was amazing. Great show. If they come out your way, I HIGHLY, HIGHLY recommend catching this tour ...

Saw them at Red Rocks (Colorado) a few weeks back. Great show and yes, Young played the skin off his guitar. But I was very disappointed in one thing. His writting aint what it used to be, and no way does his new stuff (last 15-20 years) make up for the almost complete lack of the old. The songs just can't compare to a set of Cinnimon Girl, Old Man etc.

Still, me and the wife had a great time.

Saw him almost ten years ago in the roman theater of Vienne, the opening show was Alanis Morissette in one of her first show outside the US, what a concert! Alanis started at about 8:PM and Neal was still on the scene at 2 AM!... For me N Young is the best rock performer in a tie with B Springsteen.

Didn't see the latest show, but caught him 2 years ago at the Hard Rock in Vegas. Incredible show with the Horse. I think Neil is way better the CSN. Without him, they just aren't as good. I like "Living With War" too. Its not with Crazy Horse, but it has a ton of energy and tells it like it is. "Lets Impeach The President"!

I'm also in the middle of Neil's biography, "Shakey". Awesome read and really tells the whole story about him. I highly recommend it.

Neil Young easily makes it in my top 5 bands/artists of all time. I would go with Neil, U2, Tragically Hip, Rush and Grateful Dead.