Tim Anderson isn't the answer

Is it just me or is anyone else out there tired of watching Tim Anderson getting pushed around like a pile of jello. He is not athletic. He is easily pushed out of position and hits the ground too easily. Our depth looks rather pathetic but if he is one of the two best DL's we have, then we are in REALLY bad shape. He provides no pass rush either.

Just what the coaches are seeing, I don't know. The only time we stopped the rush was when Kyle Williams was in there.

Looking to see if I am seeing the same game as you guys are or if I am missing something. Thanks---- GO BILLS

RUSHING

ATT YDS TD LG

D. Foster 5 25 0 13

D. Williams 8 21 0 20

E. Shelton 4 18 0 11

A. Haynes 2 13 0 11

S. LeFors 1 6 0 6

J. Robertson 1 -1 0 -1

B. Basanez 2 -3 0 -1

Overall I dont think we did a bad job against the run

23 att 79 yards 3.4ypc and no touchdowns, and personaly I thought the depth at dt looked rather good the obvious being kyle williams. McCargo was also in the opposing backfield making plays on the times I watched him. I agree with you about Tim Anderson but I'm willing to give him more then 1 preseason game in the new system before calling for his removal from the starting rotation.

Defensive linemen take the longest to develop sometimes out of all of the positions. This is mainly because of the size of the offensive linemen, the rookies coming out of college need time to lift weights and build upper body strength to compete. Anderson will take some time to develop.

RUSHING

ATT YDS TD LG

D. Foster 5 25 0 13

D. Williams 8 21 0 20

E. Shelton 4 18 0 11

A. Haynes 2 13 0 11

S. LeFors 1 6 0 6

J. Robertson 1 -1 0 -1

B. Basanez 2 -3 0 -1

Overall I dont think we did a bad job against the run

23 att  79 yards  3.4ypc and no touchdowns, and personaly I thought the depth at dt looked rather good the obvious being kyle williams. McCargo was also in the opposing backfield making plays on the times I watched him.  I  agree with you about Tim Anderson but I'm willing to give him more then 1 preseason game in the new system before calling for his removal from the starting rotation.

743961[/snapback]

Beyond Williams and McCargo the depth chart show Jefferson, Sape , Brown and Tupai. That isn't real impressive unless the two rookies pan out quickly(fingers crossed) It's not just this preseason game that I was basing this on. He, IMO, is consistently the weak link when he is out there. He can't seem to penetrate and he certainly doesn't cause the other teams to double team him like DT's in the past.

I really have never seen him do anything to warrant a starting position other than having seniority. But I agree it's still so I remain hopeful

I agree with originial poster, Anderson in terrible! He absolutely can not hold his position and generally ends up on the ground or 10 yards downfield. I know D-lineman take a while to develop but keep in mind that some NEVER develop. I haven't seen anything that shows me Anderson has made any progress from his first start last year. It will be interesting to see how Williams plays the rest of the preseaseon.

Defensive linemen take the longest to develop sometimes out of all of the positions. This is mainly because of the size of the offensive linemen, the rookies coming out of college need time to lift weights and build upper body strength to compete. Anderson will take some time to develop.

743973[/snapback]

Yeah-hopefully on some other team's practice squad. The way Kyle Williams stuffed the run, that's the only play I have time for. Paitence is thin waiting for these high motor guys to develop, if ever.

Yeah - but you are all forgetting what a great job he did wrestling Krumrie before the draft!

:blush: