So Liberals...

Typical dishonesty.  I mentioned that man's PhD in physics--from MIT no less--until everyone was probably sick about hearing about it.  For you to deliberately omit this crucial fact in your post cannot be due to simple forgetfulness; and is a clear case of deliberate misrepresentation.  If you're willing to be this blatant about misrepresenting what I've written, I have to believe you're at least equally likely to misrepresent the sources you talk so much about but never provide links to.

751569[/snapback]

By all means let us get this conversation back on track so we can discuss how a watered downed nazi racial theory is preferable to all that communist inter-breeding.

This is a talk that is long overdue.

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By all means let us get this conversation back on track so we can discuss how a watered downed nazi racial theory is preferable to all that communist inter-breeding.

751581[/snapback]

Let me get this straight: Monkeyface's dishonesty is acceptable because you feel my ideas are a watered-down version of Nazism. Well . . . as long as you claim the person with whom you're arguing is a Nazi, of course it's acceptable to tell as many lies as you so choose! Who would have thought differently? :P

Let me get this straight: Monkeyface's dishonesty is acceptable because you feel my ideas are a watered-down version of Nazism.  Well . . . as long as you claim the person with whom you're arguing is a Nazi, of course it's acceptable to tell as many lies as you so choose!  Who would have thought differently?  :P

751604[/snapback]

Oh, have I been misrepresenting your ideas?

Feel free to correct any misleading claims that have been made.

Independent of CTM, I think you are a silly bunny.

Oh, have I been misrepresenting your ideas?

Feel free to correct any misleading claims that have been made.

Independent of CTM, I think you are a silly bunny.

751614[/snapback]

I wasn't accusing you of misrepresenting my ideas. However, your earlier post came across as though it was intended to defend CTM's dishonesty. If that wasn't what you were trying to do, I apologize for the misunderstanding.

I wasn't accusing you of misrepresenting my ideas.  However, your earlier post came across as though it was intended to defend CTM's dishonesty.  If that wasn't what you were trying to do, I apologize for the misunderstanding.

751626[/snapback]

So your ideas ARE a watered-down version of Nazism. You finally admitted it, yay!

751581[/snapback]

Many gratitudes for refocusing the thread where it belongs (for those who have dosed off). Different races are very cool, indeed. Many should be made into museum pieces, like a certain neighborhood in Prague was supposed to be.

Typical dishonesty.  I mentioned that man's PhD in physics--from MIT no less--until everyone was probably sick about hearing about it.  For you to deliberately omit this crucial fact in your post cannot be due to simple forgetfulness; and is a clear case of deliberate misrepresentation.

Yawn. Talk to me when you have evidence of it. I can't find anything about his physics career (like I've said, he hasn't published anything). Only thing MIT says is that he was involved with the drama department. My career in physics is demonstrably more successful than his.

Ummmm...you haven't provided anything to supp  If you're willing to be this blatant about misrepresenting what I've written, I have to believe you're at least equally likely to misrepresent the sources you talk so much about but never provide links to.

751569[/snapback]

How the hell would you know if I were misrepresenting facts, when you wouldn't know one if it walked up and bit you in the ass? The reason I can't provide links is because actual historical research is done by people who write it up and publish it for others to peer-review (e.g. Taylor, Irving, Hinchliffe, Keegan, etc). Stop using the web and read a !@#$ing book, you moron. :P

Many gratitudes for refocusing the thread where it belongs (for those who have dosed off).  Different races are very cool, indeed.  Many should be made into museum pieces, like a certain neighborhood in Prague was supposed to be.

751686[/snapback]

What could be a better honor than a museum dedicated to the recently extinct?

It was the height of tolerance, but quite a distaster in terms of curation.

Yawn.  Talk to me when you have evidence of it. 

You want evidence? Here's evidence. First, here's what I said:

Your original contention was that if you and Schroeder were to disagree about physics, we should assume you're right, because you've published papers.  This, despite the fact Schroeder has a PhD in physics from MIT!  Your failure to acknowledge that others may also have the right to participate in the discussion is one of the many reasons I've concluded you're about as arrogant as they come.

Suppose you were to engage Schroeder in an intelligent debate regarding his theory and your objections to it.  Maybe he'd argue that your objections would disappear if the observer came into the picture a fraction of a second after the Big Bang began.  Or perhaps he'd find some other way to intelligently respond to these objections.  You have not, as far as I know, read his book; nor have you mentioned sending him these objections of yours in an effort to get him to respond.  That's fine, but you haven't earned the right to act as though there's zero possibility of his having an intelligent refutation.

Now here's what you apparently heard:

it's hard not to sound arrogant with a guy who says stupid sh-- like "This book by a theologian who once chaired the drama department at MIT trumps your eight years of study in physics."

You completely and totally misrepresented what I wrote. I didn't mention Schroeder's drama expertise as a reason to believe his views of physics. What I talked about was his PhD in physics. The words you put into my mouth had literally nothing to do with what I actually said. If you're incapable of honesty when representing what I've written, I have to assume you're equally incapable of historical honesty. I don't care how smart you think you are, or how much you think you know. Your credibility in my book is now precisely zero.

The issue of whether Schroeder has a PhD in physics is totally unrelated to your dishonest portrayal of my posts. I'll address it here. I have a copy of Schroeder's book right in front of me, and here's a little material from the back flap:

Gerald Schroeder earned his B.S., M.S., and PhD in physics from MIT, where he taught for several years before moving to the Weizmann Institute in Israel.  His professional scientific publications have ranged across many subjects, from the radon atmosphere of the moon to mammary gland formation of breast milk.  The results of his research have been reported in Time, Newsweek, and leading newspapers across the world.

The book itself was published by the Free Press, a division of Simon and Schuster.

Many [races] should be made into museum pieces

751686[/snapback]

Had I written this, Monkeyface would use it as another excuse to call me a Nazi. I'm not calling you a Nazi, even if you do think the world would be better off without whichever races you dislike!

Had I written this, Monkeyface would use it as another excuse to call me a Nazi.  I'm not calling you a Nazi, even if you do think the world would be better off without whichever races you dislike!

752144[/snapback]

Sarcasm detector broken eh?

Had I written this, Monkeyface would use it as another excuse to call me a Nazi.  I'm not calling you a Nazi, even if you do think the world would be better off without whichever races you dislike!

752144[/snapback]

Oh no. Different races aren't cool. That's why it's imperative that we have legislation that would bar inter-racial breeding. We need to preserve blondes. Brown people suck. They can't manage ports.

So I finally unpacked my library, got to all my source material on Dresden, and wrote up a LONG post explaining in detail Dresden's industrial role in WWII, it's importance as a rail yard, the details of the raid, and various other discussion of points that KurtGoebbels, in his inimitable idiocy, consistently gets completely incorrect.

Who here thinks I should post it and cure his ignorance? And who, on the other hand, would like to continue to see him remain greviously uninformed and flounder some more in his stupidity?

So I finally unpacked my library, got to all my source material on Dresden, and wrote up a LONG post explaining in detail Dresden's industrial role in WWII, it's importance as a rail yard, the details of the raid, and various other discussion of points.

Who here thinks I should post it

753924[/snapback]

I would like to read the history, post it!

So I finally unpacked my library, got to all my source material on Dresden, and wrote up a LONG post explaining in detail Dresden's industrial role in WWII, it's importance as a rail yard, the details of the raid, and various other discussion of points that KurtGoebbels, in his inimitable idiocy, consistently gets completely incorrect.

Who here thinks I should post it and cure his ignorance?  And who, on the other hand, would like to continue to see him remain greviously uninformed and flounder some more in his stupidity?

753924[/snapback]

Remember what Paul went through when he posted long diatribes on subjects. Some people already have their mind made up.

Who here thinks I should post it and cure his ignorance?  And who, on the other hand, would like to continue to see him remain greviously uninformed and flounder some more in his stupidity?

753924[/snapback]

You're such a tease.

Yes, post it. I'm sure he'll challenge the facts. He always does. :devil:

If you want to read it, fine.  I can just as easily PM it to you.

The question, though, is not "Who wants to read it?"  It's "Who wants KurtGoebbels to read it?"  :devil:

754009[/snapback]

Ya, I cut out that part, fugg it, post it and let the this debate continue and I'll read it as will others, Do it ;)

Remember what Paul went through when he posted long diatribes on subjects. Some people already have their mind made up.

753994[/snapback]

Yeah, and then look what happened.

Don't do it, CTM.