Man pulls Carolina Hurricane Jersey's

millbank

Hurricane Jersey's

A local resident, unapologetic about his actions, rebuked the North Carolina Historical Commission for not being more upset when state monuments were garbed in Carolina Hurricanes jerseys.

"Do you think Andrew Jackson, sitting majestically on his horse while wearing a Hurricanes jersey was awe-inspiring and thought-provoking?" Davis Jones told the commission. "No, it was a distraction and derailed the purpose of the monument to both educate and honor."

Jones, who said he's a fan of the Stanley Cup champions, did not apologize.

"I considered it not only a responsibility, but a duty to go down there and take those jerseys off," he said.

I live near Raleigh and I never understood all the fuss over this. Why not let the statues have Canes jerseys? I mean every damn triangle resident who knew exactly as much about hockey as any of those statues do suddenly became "caniacs" around the same time.

I can see his point. I'm sure people would be up in arms if a jersey was put on Thomas Jefferson or soldiers at the Korean memorial in Washington.

Just because the monuments in question aren't as well known, doesn't change it.

Hurricane Jersey's

A local resident, unapologetic about his actions, rebuked the North Carolina Historical Commission for not being more upset when state monuments were garbed in Carolina Hurricanes jerseys.

"Do you think Andrew Jackson, sitting majestically on his horse while wearing a Hurricanes jersey

732852[/snapback]

I wonder if he turned around and sold all those jerseys for $20. That would bring closure.

They put Hurricane jerseys on statues?  Jesus that it the opitome of tacky.  But then again we're talking the south here.

732898[/snapback]

Hurricane stuff was EVERYWHERE. Starting in April that is, before that there was next to nothing. I know, I know people in Buffalo jumped on the Sabres bandwagon too come playoff time. However I have lived through playoff runs in Buffalo and unless you actually lived through it in the triangle you have no idea how ridiculous and fake it all was in comparison.