Best Fantasy QB??

Buffan00

Sooooo gents (and the one lady who posts)

Who is the better fantasy QB? I have been going back and forth on these guys for a while now.

As I see it.. Warner is an awesome QB.. and has the reins to argueably the best offense in the NFL. Plus the addition of Edge! Does that equal success?? I am very scared by his knack for getting injured though.

Or is it Bledsoe? He played really good at the beginning of last season. Now you throw in argueably the best WR in the game.. and that rockets him up a few spots... hes also throwin to terry glenn... but he has a knack for getting sacked and throwing INT's....

So who is better? Who would you start??

For now.. for me.. its Bledsoe... but Im interested what you guys think...

Are you trying to decide which to draft or you have both?  I'd just rotate depending on that week's opponent.  Bledsoe is certainly much more likely to play 16 games, but Warner could potentially play 4 games against the 49ers/Rams.

729022[/snapback]

Yes ofcourse..they will both fall into the 2-4th rds....

OUCH! Thats a toughie. Like Orange said,see who theyre playing against each week. Of course,I dont think Warner is going to last the season with Leinhart possibly getting in. With Bledsoe,he should play all the games barring injury. If it was me,Id be tempted to start Bledsoe...

Sooooo gents (and the one lady who posts)

Who is the better fantasy QB? I have been going back and forth on these guys for a while now.

729014[/snapback]

Two Questions:

1. Did you already draft these guys?

2. Did you draft them anywhere near the first five rounds?

Warner's potential with the weapons he has is awesome. So is Matt Leinhart's. I would be shocked to see Warner start every game.

Bledsoe is one T.O. meltdown away from captaining a slightly above average offense. Bledsoe is a good backup but I would be scared as hell if he was my #1.

If Warner gets hurt or benched (likely IMO), and T.O. goes T.O. ; things could get ugly for you in a hurry.

Two Questions:

1.  Did you already draft these guys?

2.  Did you draft them anywhere near the first five rounds? 

Warner's potential with the weapons he has is awesome.  So is Matt Leinhart's.  I would be shocked to see Warner start every game. 

Bledsoe is one T.O. meltdown away from captaining a slightly above average offense.  Bledsoe is a good backup but I would be scared as hell if he was my #1. 

If Warner gets hurt or benched (likely IMO), and T.O. goes T.O. ; things could get ugly for you in a hurry.

729237[/snapback]

All good points, inkman. But besides Manning, Brady and Hasselbeck who has that much more upside than Bledsoe at this point? Palmer will certainly be a stud if all goes well, but we should learn more through camp sessions. The rest seem to blend together, IMO. I have difficulty creating a pecking order. I'd be curious to see your (and others) top ten FANTASY QBs.

I hope YOU'RE not planning to pick one or the other in the 2nd - 4th rounds.

One or both should be there beyond the 6th round. IMO.

729170[/snapback]

Well in a 16 team league they are going 4th-5th rd for sure. So that equates to a 6-7th rd in 12 team format. Even in a 12 team league they will probably go higher than most think..nonetheless they are a decent option as a #2 QB..

All good points, inkman. But besides Manning, Brady and Hasselbeck who has that much more upside than Bledsoe at this point? Palmer will certainly be a stud if all goes well, but we should learn more through camp sessions. The rest seem to blend together, IMO. I have difficulty creating a pecking order. I'd be curious to see your (and others) top ten FANTASY QBs.

729274[/snapback]

1. Brady - Fantasy Stud

2. P.Manning - A lot of people's #1 overall pick last year, good numbers but not worthy of that pick

3. Palmer - #1 if not for the whole knee thing

4. Hasselbeck - Solid

5. McNabb - No T.O. ; no BS, D-Mac should have to shoulder the load

6. Delhomme - with Steve Smith and Keyshawn he should perform

7. Leftwich - ultimate gamer with up and coming weapons

8. Bledsoe - opposite of Byron, but still throwing to T.O. and "she"

9. Roethlisberger - won't dazzle you with#'s but low int's make him as asset

10. Bulger - new coach, new offense, still has an all pro to throw to in Holt

11. E. Manning - started showing signs last year

12. Vick - rushing yds and TD's vault him into the top dozen

13. Warner - could be a steal if he hangs onto the job

14. Green - may not be running the prolific offense of years past but still has some weapons

15. Culpepper - new team, new fans to let down with untimely mistakes

16. Plummer - same team, same fans to let down with untimely mistakes

17. Favre - Brett's swan song will still get above average production

18. Brunell - a seasoned vet who will use what he has at hand

19. Brees - good QB, bad team; rating could rise with arrival of Bush

20. Carr - make or break year, has new weapon in Moulds to go along with future all-pro Andre Johnson

21. Rivers - anyone who has Gates and LT to throw to will put up some #'s

22. Kitna - tons of weapons, could put up big #'s if coaching staff figures out how to use them

23. Simms - played with a ton of poise last year and should only improve

24. McNair - if healthy always a good bet to get you above avg #'s

25. Brooks - hey, he could throw 40 TD's with these WR's to go with his 40 int's

26. Johnson - old pro who won't do anything great but a capable fantasy backup

27. Volek - has put up ridiculous #'s in brief stints but Vince is waiting in the wings

28. Frye - shown some potential but if you are counting on him, you in trouble

29. Grossman - will just be asked to not make the big mistake

30. Losman - he should the starter, but does it really matter

31. Smith - maybe he can better his 1 to 11 TD to int ratio :lol:

32. Young - not my favorite but could start at some point

33. Leinhart - could put up ridiculous stats if Warner fails

After the first 4, it's really a crap shoot. Any of those guys could have a better year than the rest but I just gave you my personal feelings. :P

1.  Brady                -  Fantasy Stud

2.  P.Manning          -  A lot of people's #1 overall pick last year, good numbers but not worthy of that pick

3.  Palmer              -  #1 if not for the whole knee thing

4.  Hasselbeck        -  Solid

5.  McNabb              -  No T.O. ; no BS, D-Mac should have to shoulder the load

6.  Delhomme        -  with Steve Smith and Keyshawn he should perform

7.  Leftwich            -  ultimate gamer with up and coming weapons

8.  Bledsoe            -  opposite of Byron, but still throwing to T.O. and "she"

9.  Roethlisberger    -  won't dazzle you with#'s but low int's make him as asset

10.  Bulger              -  new coach, new offense, still has an all pro to throw to in Holt

11.  E. Manning        -  started showing signs last year

12.  Vick                -  rushing yds and TD's vault him into the top dozen

13.  Warner            -  could be a steal if he hangs onto the job

14.  Green              -  may not be running the prolific offense of years past but still has some weapons

15.  Culpepper        -  new team, new fans to let down with untimely mistakes

16.  Plummer          -  same team, same fans to let down with untimely mistakes

17.  Favre              -  Brett's swan song will still get above average production

18.  Brunell            -  a seasoned vet who will use what he has at hand

19.  Brees              -  good QB, bad team; rating could rise with arrival of Bush

20.  Carr                -  make or break year, has new weapon in Moulds to go along with future all-pro Andre Johnson

21.  Rivers              -  anyone who has Gates and LT to throw to will put up some #'s

22.  Kitna                -  tons of weapons, could put up big #'s if coaching staff figures out how to use them

23.  Simms              -  played with a ton of poise last year and should only improve

24.  McNair              -  if healthy always a good bet to get you above avg #'s

25.  Brooks              -  hey, he could throw 40 TD's with these WR's to go with his 40 int's

26.  Johnson            -  old pro who won't do anything great but a capable fantasy backup

27.  Volek                - has put up ridiculous #'s in brief stints but Vince is waiting in the wings

28.  Frye                  -  shown some potential but if you are counting on him, you in trouble

29.  Grossman          -  will just be asked to not make the big mistake

30.  Losman              -  he should the starter, but does it really matter

31.  Smith                  -  maybe he can better his 1 to 11 TD to int ratio  :lol:

32.  Young                -  not my favorite but could start at some point

33.  Leinhart              -  could put up ridiculous stats if Warner fails

After the first 4, it's really a crap shoot.  Any of those guys could have a better year than the rest but I just gave you my personal feelings.  :P

729324[/snapback]

McNabb at #5?? Wow thats pretty high for a guy who dosent have a receiver to throw too!! Id take Warner and even Roethlisburger over him by far!

McNabb at #5?? Wow thats pretty high for a guy who dosent have a receiver to throw too!! Id take Warner and even Roethlisburger over him by far!

729441[/snapback]

Maybe Warner but the reason I didn't have him higher is the I don't feel like his job is secure. When you draft a QB # 1, their is a good chance he will come in at some point. If you remember MacNabb was putting up MVP type #'s throwing to Freddie Mitchell and worse. He still has Westbrook and L.J. Smith and some young recievers who should be at least as good as the garbage philly had before T.O. As long as he is heathly, and I haven't heard he isn't, Donovan will put up #'s. Personally, I hope everyone shares your sentiments so I can grab him late. :lol:

729441[/snapback]

You do know this is fantasy ball and that Andy Reid never met a running play he liked, right? If anything Big Ben is rated too high on that list - no way would I take him, Leftwich, or Vick ahead of Green or Bulger.

You do know this is fantasy ball and that Andy Reid never met a running play he liked, right?  If anything Big Ben is rated too high on that list - no way would I take him, Leftwich, or Vick ahead of Green or Bulger.

729583[/snapback]

Normally I would agree but aren't both of them in new offenses now?

1.  Brady                -  Fantasy Stud

2.  P.Manning          -  A lot of people's #1 overall pick last year, good numbers but not worthy of that pick

3.  Palmer              -  #1 if not for the whole knee thing

4.  Hasselbeck        -  Solid

5.  McNabb              -  No T.O. ; no BS, D-Mac should have to shoulder the load

6.  Delhomme        -  with Steve Smith and Keyshawn he should perform

7.  Leftwich            -  ultimate gamer with up and coming weapons

8.  Bledsoe            -  opposite of Byron, but still throwing to T.O. and "she"

9.  Roethlisberger    -  won't dazzle you with#'s but low int's make him as asset

10.  Bulger              -  new coach, new offense, still has an all pro to throw to in Holt

11.  E. Manning        -  started showing signs last year

12.  Vick                -  rushing yds and TD's vault him into the top dozen

13.  Warner            -  could be a steal if he hangs onto the job

14.  Green              -  may not be running the prolific offense of years past but still has some weapons

15.  Culpepper        -  new team, new fans to let down with untimely mistakes

16.  Plummer          -  same team, same fans to let down with untimely mistakes

17.  Favre              -  Brett's swan song will still get above average production

18.  Brunell            -  a seasoned vet who will use what he has at hand

19.  Brees              -  good QB, bad team; rating could rise with arrival of Bush

20.  Carr                -  make or break year, has new weapon in Moulds to go along with future all-pro Andre Johnson

21.  Rivers              -  anyone who has Gates and LT to throw to will put up some #'s

22.  Kitna                -  tons of weapons, could put up big #'s if coaching staff figures out how to use them

23.  Simms              -  played with a ton of poise last year and should only improve

24.  McNair              -  if healthy always a good bet to get you above avg #'s

25.  Brooks              -  hey, he could throw 40 TD's with these WR's to go with his 40 int's

26.  Johnson            -  old pro who won't do anything great but a capable fantasy backup

27.  Volek                - has put up ridiculous #'s in brief stints but Vince is waiting in the wings

28.  Frye                  -  shown some potential but if you are counting on him, you in trouble

29.  Grossman          -  will just be asked to not make the big mistake

30.  Losman              -  he should the starter, but does it really matter

31.  Smith                  -  maybe he can better his 1 to 11 TD to int ratio  :)

32.  Young                -  not my favorite but could start at some point

33.  Leinhart              -  could put up ridiculous stats if Warner fails

After the first 4, it's really a crap shoot.  Any of those guys could have a better year than the rest but I just gave you my personal feelings.  :P

729324[/snapback]

I'd rate Warner and E. Manning higher. The "sore thumb" for me on this list is Leftwich. I'm not sure he's the best QB on their team. Without Smith for the first time, maybe he surprises and spreads the wealth to the young talent.

Inkman, I don't love the guy and I surely hate his team, but Culpepper to Moss was a freaking vicious fantasy combo. When Daunte had his wheels a few years back, he was a ridiculous fantasy force. I can't say the same for him now, but I wouldn't say he's always disappointed. Yes, the fumbles hurt, but that guy would put up 40 point games for me on a regular basis.

Inkman, I don't love the guy and I surely hate his team, but Culpepper to Moss was a freaking vicious fantasy combo.  When Daunte had his wheels a few years back, he was a ridiculous fantasy force.  I can't say the same for him now, but I wouldn't say he's always disappointed.  Yes, the fumbles hurt, but that guy would put up 40 point games for me on a regular basis.

730032[/snapback]

Yes but minus Randy his points have gone way down.

Normally I would agree but aren't both of them in new offenses now?

729687[/snapback]

I'm not positive but I think the Chiefs promoted their OL coach to OC. In any case it's not like Herm brought Paul Hacket with him. ;)

I've always liked them both in real life, so I may be a bit biased. But seriously, Leftwich & Ben? ;)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.