NFL: Best & Worst

These tidbits from a sports page feature in this morning's Orlando Sentinel......

Hall of Famer Still Around - Worst

MARV LEVY

What Levy, the coach, accomplished during the 1990s -- getting to (and losing) four straight Super Bowls -- may never be duplicated. He's the most famous Bill not acquitted for murder. He's also 80 years old and back as GM of a franchise that sprung all kinds of leaks last season.

FIRST-ROUND PICK - Worst

DONTE WITNER & JOHN MCCARGO

Marv Levy took Witner, a safety from Ohio State, at No. 8 overall, then traded up to take McCargo, defensive tackle from North Carolina State, at No. 26. Both may pan out well but they probably could have been had with later picks.

FANS - Worst

MIAMI

They don't even classify as "fair-weather fans." First, it's always nice in South Florida. Second, the last time the Dolphins were home for the playoffs, they couldn't sell out the game. That's pathetic.

Here is the link for the entire feature NFL: Best & Worst

FANS - Worst

MIAMI

They don't even classify as "fair-weather fans." First, it's always nice in South Florida. Second, the last time the Dolphins were home for the playoffs, they couldn't sell out the game. That's pathetic.

I cant tell you how true this is. Quite possibly the worst fans in all of sports. Having to sit by these whiny bastages once a year is enough for me.

Yeah, the weather is always nice, but for some reason they can't be bothered to spend 5-6 hours (game plus traffic time) during 8 Sundays a year.  <_<

728611[/snapback]

One thing that always drove me crazy about Fish fans unlike any other fans: If you happened to be watching a Bills/Fish game at a bar -- and I spent a number of years doing that when I hung out with the Bills Backers all over the US -- the minute they had the lead, they would start getting in your face. The moment they lost the lead and were about to lose the game, they left the bar as though they were trying to skip out on their tab.

FIRST-ROUND PICK - Worst

Marv Levy took Witner, a safety from Ohio State, at No. 8 overall, then traded up to take McCargo, defensive tackle from North Carolina State, at No. 26. Both may pan out well but they probably could have been had with later picks.

728457[/snapback]

I never tire of hearing that.

Hall of Famer Still Around - Best

MARV LEVY

What Levy, the coach, accomplished during the 1990s -- getting to (and losing) four straight Super Bowls -- may never be duplicated. He's the most famous Bill not acquitted for murder. He's also 80 years old and back as GM of a franchise that sprung all kinds of leaks last season.

[/url]

728457[/snapback]

Uhm, in the article Marv Levy was the 'Worst' Hall of Famer still around, not best.

One thing that always drove me crazy about Fish fans unlike any other fans: If you happened to be watching a Bills/Fish game at a bar -- and I spent a number of years doing that when I hung out with the Bills Backers all over the US -- the minute they had the lead, they would start getting in your face. The moment they lost the lead and were about to lose the game, they left the bar as though they were trying to skip out on their tab.

728615[/snapback]

Prime example. I was at last years game in Miami. After we went up 21-0, the stands emptied and all they did was booo. I ended up leaving at the start of the third (in-laws are fish fans) and watched the game from a bar nearby also empty. All they did during the first 3 quarters was complain and booo. Its just the tip of the iceberg.

Uhm, in the article Marv Levy was the 'Worst' Hall of Famer still around, not best.

728624[/snapback]

Ooops - my bad ...corrected

And BTW I work at the newspaper and I saved the clipping that was run the day after the draft that they ran that graded the Bills as the worst draft - I am praying the day comes when I can take it upstairs to The Sports Dept and stick it in the face of one Dave Curtis - who penned the Draft Day report card <_<

Too freakin' funny! You're absolutely right.

These tidbits from a sports page feature in this morning's Orlando Sentinel......

Hall of Famer Still Around - Worst

MARV LEVY

FIRST-ROUND PICK - Worst

FANS - Worst

MIAMI

728457[/snapback]

I see that the Sentinel hasn't improve at all during the 3 years I've been gone from Orlando.

Ooops - my bad ...corrected

And BTW I work at the newspaper and I saved the clipping that was run the day after the draft that they ran that graded the Bills as the worst draft - I am praying the day comes when I can take it upstairs to The Sports Dept and stick it in the face of one Dave Curtis - who penned the Draft Day report card  <_<

728737[/snapback]

Consensus is by these lemming/ journalists is the Bills had the wosrt draft in the history of man, plus we have the crummy-est everything else including the oldest GM and owner. Not a high hurdle to clear for the Bills to surprise in '06, IMO.

FIRST-ROUND PICK - Worst

728457[/snapback]

I don't know how much stock we can put into the guy. He can't even SPELL Whitner, much less assess the guy's skill and talent.