Louisville, KY Bills Backers?

I've been in the Transportation field (International - Imports) for the past 23 years, beginning with Emery Worldwide, and for the last 21 years, I've been based at the Emery Worldwide Dayton Hub. In Dec 2004, we were bought by UPS. UPS has built a new hub in Louisville (next to their World Ports Hub) and on Jun 29, 2006, we ran our last operation at the old Emery Worldwide Hub in Dayton, Oh. Sad night it was too. However, for the past 4 months I've been working mainly in Louisville, and have been offered a position there. Of the 1200 plus employees in Dayton, only approx 50 of us were offered positions elsewhere so I'm very thankful for the opportunity. I'm currently a Senior Supervisor in the Brokerage dept.

So......all's good for family except my wife has lived her whole life in Dayton Oh, and my eldest daughter (16 in another month) are pretty sad about all this. As husband and father (of five children), I'm pleased that I will continue to be able to provide for my family, and will retain my length of service for all except the company paid pension. Yet, I still have a pension based upon 21 years of service with CNF (our former owners), so this isn't a problem either. I'll begin another with UPS. The UPS 401K plan, to which I rolled my old 401 k into, is much better too, so that was a gain.

Financially, this will all work out in my favor. So what's the downside? Anyone know of any Bills Backers bars in Louisville?

(Fez - It looks like I'm going to land on my feet after all......old OhBF)

I've been in the Transportation field (International - Imports) for the past 23 years, beginning with Emery Worldwide, and for the last 21 years, I've been based at the Emery Worldwide Dayton Hub.  In Dec 2004, we were bought by UPS. UPS has built a new hub in Louisville (next to their World Ports Hub) and on Jun 29, 2006, we ran our last operation at the old Emery Worldwide Hub in Dayton, Oh. Sad night it was too. However, for the past 4 months I've been working mainly in Louisville, and have been offered a position there. Of the 1200 plus employees in Dayton, only approx 50 of us were offered positions elsewhere so I'm very thankful for the opportunity. I'm currently a Senior Supervisor in the Brokerage dept.

So......all's good for family except my wife has lived her whole life in Dayton Oh, and my eldest daughter (16 in another month) are pretty sad about all this.  As husband and father (of five children), I'm pleased that I will continue to be able to provide for my family, and will retain my length of service for all except the company paid pension.  Yet, I still have a pension based upon 21 years of service with CNF (our former owners), so this isn't a problem either. I'll begin another with UPS. The UPS 401K plan, to which I rolled my old 401 k into, is much better too, so that was a gain.

Financially, this will all work out in my favor. So what's the downside? Anyone know of any Bills Backers bars in Louisville?

(Fez - It looks like I'm going to land on my feet after all......old OhBF)

727763[/snapback]

Don't know of any that far south, but if you're willing to drive a bit, you coudl always join up with the crew in NKY at Barleycorns. PM me for details.