[Sabres] Tallinder Signed to Multi-Year Deal

Great news about Tallinder!!!

How much do you all think Briere will get?  $5.5 is my guess

727076[/snapback]

That is likely a good guess. Chicago Blackhawks recently reached a three-year, $18 million deal with forward Martin Havlat, who has offensive numbers nearly identical to Briere. Using this as a yardstick 5.5 might be end result.

That is likely a good guess. Chicago Blackhawks recently reached a three-year, $18 million deal with forward Martin Havlat, who has offensive numbers nearly identical to Briere.  Using this as a yardstick 5.5 might be end result.

727080[/snapback]

I don't see why DB should be paid as much as what a single team paid a specific FA when DB is NOT a FA...

I don't see why DB should be paid as much as what a single team paid a specific FA when DB is NOT a FA...

727083[/snapback]

In Havlet's case he had previously filed for arbitration, before agreeing to this offer. Havlet has 235 points in 298 games, while Briere has 241 points in 290 games. The arbitor will use these sort of yardsticks for his decision. The Sabres do have the obtion to walk away from the decision is they do not like it, while Briere is bound to it.

A four-year deal!!! That was honestly the best case scenario. I don't think the info about his pay is out yet but I doubt Regier overpaid.

Supposedly we're working on a 3 year deal with Lydman.

Anyone who panicked when McKee and Greir left should feel a little silly right now.

Hopefully Briere gets signed long term before the arbitration results come in.