Hold the presses!!

When I first asked about the throwback uni's, this was Chris Brown's reply:

I don't think those unis are coming back this year. It was based last year on the 40th anniversary of the '65 championship season. A one year deal.

But today I get another e-mail from Chris"

I did some sniffing around after answering your question about the throwbacks and I'm hearing through the grapevine that they may still be considered for 2006. Nothing definitive that I know of, but not a dead issue as I described yesterday. Sorry to have misled you. Cross your fingers.

So there you go. Hats off to Chris for following up on my question.

PTR

sweeeet!!! does anyone know how much more of those jersey's people bought than the regular ones last year?

722082[/snapback]

Good point. If the throwbacks are outselling the regular jerseys, why get rid of them? Fans vote with their wallets.

PTR

bet ya chris read the post here on TBD and figured he should send u another email.

722162[/snapback]

Most "serious" journalists would never admit to reading fan boards, but what better way to get a read on what fans are thinking...or blurting without thinking.

PTR

bet ya chris read the post here on TBD and figured he should send u another email.

722162[/snapback]

Most "serious" journalists would never admit to reading fan boards, but what better way to get a read on what fans are thinking...or blurting without thinking.

PTR

722200[/snapback]

Ever wonder why so many of our post topics find their way into some of those rags?

e.g., Worst Moments in Bills History... :o

I swear, the hotbed for essay ideas IS in the Internet chatrooms since the other end of TD's OBD phoneline went dead.

Good job Promo.

I'd like to see the new Unis retired and something akin to the retros used all the time.

722073[/snapback]

Same here. I never did like our new unis. The visiting jesrey reminds me of the Destroyers unis, and that is not a good omen, as we have seen.

When I first asked about the throwback uni's, this was Chris Brown's reply:

I don't think those unis are coming back this year. It was based last year on the 40th anniversary of the '65 championship season. A one year deal.

But today I get another e-mail from Chris"

I did some sniffing around after answering your question about the throwbacks and I'm hearing through the grapevine that they may still be considered for 2006. Nothing definitive that I know of, but not a dead issue as I described yesterday. Sorry to have misled you. Cross your fingers.

So there you go.  Hats off to Chris for following up on my question.

PTR

722060[/snapback]

so anyone that goes to training camp should make sure they shout out to Ralphie, that we want the throwbacks brought back! make some noise.....and it will get done.