If you are Mike Mularkey

ATBNG

It depends if wind is a factor.

I always like to see my team with the wind at their back the the end of each half, and preferably receiving the ball in the second half.

I want to kick off first. I think we'll have better feild position when we stop the Patriots than we would returning a kickoff.

Lead with your strength.

Put the D on the field.

We then get to return the second half kickoff.

If a strong wind is a factor (which I don't think is the case today) then make the selection based on having the wind to your back in the 4th quarter.

You take the ball. In the NFL, for some crazy reason, you cannot defer your decision to the second half. If the Bills win the coin toss and choose to kickoff, we'll kickoff to begin the second half as well.

Having said all that, I hope the Bills lose the toss and start out on defense.

You take the ball.  In the NFL, for some crazy reason, you cannot defer your decision to the second half.  If the Bills win the coin toss and choose to kickoff, we'll kickoff to begin the second half as well.

Having said all that, I hope the Bills lose the toss and start out on defense.

53668[/snapback]

Good job maddog.

From http://www.nfl.com/fans/rules/cointoss:

Coin Toss

1. The toss of coin will take place within three minutes of kickoff in center of field. The toss will be called by the visiting captain before the coin is flipped. The winner may choose one of two privileges and the loser gets the other:

A - Receive or kick

B - Goal his team will defend

2. Immediately prior to the start of the second half, the captains of both teams must inform the officials of their respective choices. The loser of the original coin toss gets first choice.

It's entirely possible that Bflo would have to kickoff to start the 2nd half if they choose to kickoff to start the game.

I didnt know that.  thanx campy & madog

53684[/snapback]

Me either. I'm not sure I've ever seen that happen. I guess it's rare that the wind (or whatever) is a strong factor in the first half, but not by the second half.

Me either.  I'm not sure I've ever seen that happen.  I guess it's rare that the wind (or whatever) is a strong factor in the first half, but not by the second half.

53730[/snapback]

It happened a few years ago. I think it was the Stillers, they won the toss and deferred. Their opponent then chose to receive to start the game. As they had lost the flip, they also were able to choose to receive to start the 2nd half.

Needless to say, Cowher was spitting mad...