A hypothetical....

Buftex

I know things have been pretty grim as of late, but just suppose for a second, that the Bills had held off the Jags on that final play of the game in week 1. Everything up to that point, and everything after, was exactly the same. We still lose to the Raiders, Bledsoe has a crappy game, everything is the same, except we are going up against New England with a 1-1 record. Things wouldn't look so bad, would they? Just some food for thought, things aren't as bad as they seem. I really think the Bills give the Patriots a game tomorrow, and I am starting to think they can win it. We will shut down Dillon, and all we need to do is take Brady out of his game. It can be done! We have the defense that can do it. The rest will take care of itself...and run the damn ball!

Bills- 23

Pats- 13 :)

If we keep making little mistakes and losing every week by 3 points to end up 0-16, will things still not be as bad as they seem?

53574[/snapback]

No, they would be worse! I was just trying to point out, as many have said, we are still only two games into the season. So far it looks a lot like last year, but their is still a little time to right the ship. The margin of error was paper thin in the first game, and only a little thicker (say the first quarter) in the Raiders game. Maybe the bye-week came at exactly the right time, ala 1998! I know it is a stretch, but there is still way too much football season for all of us to be throwing in the towel. Say the Bills win tomorrow (remember I am trying to pump myself up for the game), 1-2 looks a lot better than 0-3. There are still 14 games left to make something of this season....

I know things have been pretty grim as of late, but just suppose for a second, that the Bills had held off the Jags on that final play of the game in week 1.  Everything up to that point, and everything after, was exactly the same.  We still lose to the Raiders, Bledsoe has a crappy game, everything is the same, except we are going up against New England with a 1-1 record.  Things wouldn't look so bad, would they?  Just some food for thought, things aren't as bad as they seem.  I really think the Bills give the Patriots a game tomorrow, and I am starting to think they can win it.  We will shut down Dillon, and all we need to do is take Brady out of his game.  It can be done!  We have the defense that can do it.  The rest will take care of itself...and run the damn ball!

Bills- 23

Pats- 13 :wub:

53527[/snapback]

I can't agree with you there. I really think we would be 2-0 if we didn't have that monumental defensive collapse in the 4th quarter. NE would be stevestojaning their panties come week 4.