Is McGahee part of the problem...

I think the main issue with Willis lies in his true underlying motivation (or lack thereof).  He seems to be a totally uninspired figure.  He doesn't seem to be the type of player who covets the all mighty dollar above all, he just seems like the type of guy who happened to be good at football, and it keeps him from working a 9-5 job.  It's like the question: what would you do if you won the megamillions?  Would you sit around and do nothing for the rest of your life or would you truly make your mark on the world.....I have a feeling McGahee would choose option A.  Option A is fine if you are one of the 250 million other average Americans, but it's not if you want to be an elite running back.  He epitomizes just going through the motions.

705264[/snapback]

Willis has admitted that he is not a football fan. So it is just a job for him. However, some of you may remember Dave Casper TE from Notre Dame/Oakland Raiders/Hall of Fame. He was quoted. as saying that there was only one thing worse than football practice.. and that was the game on Sundays. He hated FB yet was excellent at it.

I think Willis will be just fine if he can get just a little hole to run through. All this negativity will be gone towards him when he breaks off his first big'gainer (and I think he will give 100% once he is there).

Its not like he is just sitting home on his coach having more kids, he is training with all the rest of the U of Miami guys, and apparently is in alot better shape then last year.

705470[/snapback]

I find this fact annoying. I think the new coaching staff would like to know where his head is at and see his "apparent" conditioning.

The biggest problem I have is that Willis is already staying away and that any time now he and his agent are going to pop up and say "we need a contract extension".

F-that!!!!

I find this fact annoying. I think the new coaching staff would like to know where his head is at and see his "apparent" conditioning.

The biggest problem I have is that Willis is already staying away and that any time now he and his agent are going to pop up and say "we need a contract extension".

F-that!!!!

706953[/snapback]

Apparently, this is about to be done as the Bills are sening RB coach Studesville to FLA to talk with WM and to check out the scene. I think they already have a pretty good sense that WM's "apparent" conditioning was certaqinly the real deal in the past.

It was all through his own workouts that he got himself into good enough condition after his horrendous injury to raise confidence in him being a 1st round choice and to whatever extent was a factor (the Bills docs being the lead factor) in him being a 1st round choice.

Once he was a Bill, the oversight and direction of his rehab came from here, but alot of the work was on his own with constant report backs to the docs of his progress.

Last year, WM again went to the U. and added definable lbs. and lowered hi body fat through these "apparent" (sounds real to me) workouts. As the U. workouts have gotten even more press this year, its fairly apparent what these players are doing.

However, the move of sending the moutain to Mohammed seems like a reasonable course of action given:

1, The Bills have zero leverage to require and appearance or justification by WM as the NFL agreed to make these OTAs voluntary (theoretically even their "excusing" players from these practices can be argued by lawyers to cross the line of these voluntary sessions). If the Bills want to know they gotta go down to FLA.

2. Though I think building muscle mass is essential to survive the poundign required of a 30+ rush per game NFL RB, many fans are concerned about his increase in weight lowering his raw speed (what's his 40 time now?). I think the tradeoff is worth it as I would trade speed for durability in the is league, but if they are not satisfied with his workout regime, they have little choice but to got to his gym to sort through this.

3. WM seems to be pursuing an Ann Coulteresque business strategy where he is willing to say all sorts of stupid things just to get more media. I see no problem with him taking time out to go on Steven Smith's alleged entertainment show as long as he integrates this down time into an intelligent work out plan. However, his business strategy of getting notariety by making regular appearances to say dumb things on ESPN or more controlled but still hip-hop routines on NFL Network (the NFL as a unit seems happy to promote young athletes being hip-hop as part of its business strategy, but these business strategies and the Bills' football strategies are not the same thing.

The promotion and WM taking full advantage of the voluntary nature of the workout is offensive to those of us with more traditional views of the NFL. However, one thing about the game is that it used to be a sport which happened also to be a business and now it is a business which also happens to be a sport.

baby mommas, rap music, and hip-hop stuff was not how i was raised and ain't anything I'm interested in, but clearly in a deluge of money to the team owners and their majority partners in this eneterprise the NFLPA, my tastes have long been left behind by the demographic the NFL and NFLPA are marketing toward.

I guess when I started hearing Springsteen and Jackson Browne on oldies stations that I knew that time had passed me by. It has too with WM's inclinations and marketing strategy.

I hope Marv is looking for his replacement. Given his attitude, agent and lack of ability to regain his college explosiveness they might need the replacement sooner rather than later. This year will probably tell for sure. Any knee problems that exist now probably will never go away and the line shouldn't be as bad as previous years. This will give McGahee a chance to actually show he is the best back in the league.

F-that!!!!

706953[/snapback]

I find that fact less annoying then the hundresd of "Fans" declaring he needs to go because he has an attitude problem because he didn't show up to any VOLUNTARY team practices. He is doing his own training from home, a place he is probably more comfortable and used to training in.

When he starts missing Manditory training camp and meetings, then its time to worry and look at his character. But as of right now, there is no reason he should be forced to show up to VOLUNTARY practices and meetings.

But I guess now that Moulds, Williams, Bennie, TD and MM are gone, the fans need their new whipping boy and someone else to blame for the bills failures, so lets move on to one of the bright spots on this team and run him out of town.