Bledsoe's 2005 season w/ Cowboys

Dr. K

I do not think your assessment gives justice to the actual performances.  The 04 play was not stable and thesame throughout the year (as shown in the radical differences in record) and the assessment does not reflect that.

In both 2004 and 05, there is a legit question of which is cause and which is effect. Do you present evidence tbat it was the OL play which led to the results, or did other factors (such as playcalling) provide a lead factor in results and then you judge the OL play based on the results.

The argument is superficial enough as not to be compelling.

700586[/snapback]

I agree the 2004 line got better as the year went on, because the guys adjusted to working with each other. Beyond that, though, the diminishing performance of the line really did have a lot to do with the worse 2005 record. Ross Tucker was clearly better than Bennie Anderson. A healthy Jonas Jennings was clearly better than Mike Gandy. Teague, Villarrial, and Williams were clearly less hampered by injuries in 2004 than 2005. While other factors also contributed to the 2005 decline, the reduced quality of play at each and every offensive line position clearly played a major role.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw that Peter King has made the Cowboys  his early NFC Super Bowl pick.  That got me thinking about Bledsoe's 2005 season, and wondering if she played any differently than he did in Buffalo, for better or worse.  So I wasted some of my Memorial Day looking up his stats and breaking them down for the two halves of the season.

In the first half of 2005, Bledsoe was the QB we saw in Buffalo in the first half of 2003:

Attempts            244

Completions      156

Comp %            63.9

TD                    13

INT                    6

Sacks                20

Fumbles            10

In the second half of 2005, we had the classic Bledsoe fall-off, and the QB most of us were happy to see leave:

Attempts            255

Completions        144

Comp %            56.4

TD                      10

INT                    11

Sacks                  29

Fumbles                7

I suppose adding Tyrell Owens could help him out, but it ain't going to change a patter that has been established over his entire career.  I do not see this quarterback taking The 'Boys to the Super Bowl.

FYI

699588[/snapback]

This just in!