Bledso rollout

Billzfan23

Guest simms is an idiot

"all you have to do is sidestep and avoid one guy to get the next little window and throw the football"

exactly what Bledsoe can't do!

Drew can roll out. He has always rolled out. The TD pass to Moulds was a roll out. He rolled out in the Jax game. He did it in pre-season. He did it last season. They don't ask him to do it much but he can do it and does it fine. Actually, they should do it more. He threw that perfect pass to Shaw last year in the Houston game while running rolling out that Shaw dropped that would have tied the game. He has done it his whole career.

Guest simms is an idiot
"all you have to do is sidestep and avoid one guy to get the next little window and throw the football"

exactly what Bledsoe can't do!

53311[/snapback]

As I said, Bledsoe can't sidestep and avoid the sack!

"Hello Mr. Bruschi, what are you doing in my backfield?" Sack and fumble. Touchdown NE.

It's not about QB speed. It's not about QB intelligence. It's not about arm strength. It's about having the knack or the instincts to make positive plays when all the conditions are not perfect for you. Bledsoe does not have this ability. It's a fatal flaw in today's NFL.

I've been harping about it since the day of the trade to acquire Bledsoe. I think I was the only one who said on this board that I thought the trade was terrible for the Bills. Virtually everyone flamed me for that position. There was widespread euphoria! Hail Bledsoe! Hail Donahoe!

I think it's time to put the Bledsoe nightmare behind us. Like Rob Johnson and Todd Collins.

Move on. Accept your mistakes. And do better next time!

To state the obvious Drew lacks jets.

However, if he can walk on the field, he can roll out. In fact he can and has done more than walk! If you look back to the Raiders game, it was indeed a rollout on the late touchdown to Bledsoe. Football is supposedly a thinking man's sport. Look at Parcells and how he mixes up plays, spreads the ball around and keeps defenses guessing. Why for the life of me, the Bills insist on lining up Bledsoe at center as opposed to the shotgun? Bledsoe can move, albeit not very fast but not moving him at all makes it much easier to defend against him. Of course the Pats were going to tee off on Bledsoe on the last drive just as the Raiders did at the end of that game. Learn from mistakes, playcalling mistakes.

Is there anybody out there who played the game who can give first hand commentary as to how to defense a stationary qb vs. a qb that rolls out?

Is there anybody out there who can offer first hand knowledge as to why it is better to use the shotgun when it is 3rd and long, 4th and long?

If it so obvious to the fans that rollouts and shotguns offer a distinct advantage then why isn't it obvious to the coaches? Or do the coaches simply insist on using their cookie cutter of a gameplan regardless of the circumstances and the consequences.