how fast is he

Wow thanks for pointing out one gramatical error for me.  I am a better person for it.  You must be proud.  I didn't realize that mistakingly leaving one letter out of a word made a sentence incoherent.  :lol:

690747[/snapback]

There are far too many people on this board who sit back and wait for typos. Then, they make the errant assumption that an inability or apathy towards accurate typing is a sure sign of stupidity, and they take that as an opportunity to ridicule. Why they do that is a mystery. But, to quote Kobe, it probably has something to do with them not getting hugged enough as a child.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are far too many people on this board who sit back and wait for typos. Then, they make the errant assumption that an inability or apathy towards accurate typing is a sure sign of stupidity, and they take that as an opportunity to ridicule. Why they do that is a mystery. But, to quote Kobe, it probably has something to do with them not getting hugged enough as a child.

691827[/snapback]

LOL. Amen. :lol:

I always wondered, why doesn't mularkey run out of a passing formation, or pass out of a running formation once and awhile to keep the Defenses honest. 

689960[/snapback]

Because he was an effing moron and, most likely, still is.

691827[/snapback]

That's no out.

You make the errant assumption that it is a hardship to use the edit function available to all who use this board, and after posting - going back and correcting spelling, capitilazation, construct, and so forth.

Poor typing is indeed an expression of stupidity, given the easy option to correct same.

I will ridicule it as I choose.

691827[/snapback]

Yeah, there's that...and then there are those of us who just find a little humor in seeing the phrase "soley dicated" in the middle of a post that attempts to make an intellectual observation.

:lol:

That's no out.

You make the errant assumption that it is a hardship to use the edit function available to all who use this board, and after posting -  going back and correcting spelling, capitilazation, construct, and so forth.

Poor typing is indeed an expression of stupidity, given the easy option to correct same.

691851[/snapback]

In that case...nice spelling stupid.

p.s. I do not really think you are stupid...it's just a typo, these things happen to the best of us. :lol:

I figured for the hell of it even though these constant willis is bad threads are mind numbingly annoying I'd give it some play. There seems to be a misconseption that willis is "slow" in the open field. People point this out by stating "well he doesn't have long runs" lets up this theory to rest, and I'll propose what really is the problem with our running game with an alternate theory other then "Willis is slow" I'm gonna use 5 rb's in this example Larry Johnson/Willis McGahee/LaDainian Tomlinson/Edgerrin James/Tiki Barber. To show "40 times" are pretty much useless, and the reason for runningback success typicaly in ypc and tds is not the speed of a runningback but surrounding factors such as your offensive line and your teams passing game

Rb #1- Larry Johnson

Year G GS Att Yards Avg Lg TD 20+ FD

2004- 10 3 120 581 4.8 46 9 4 34

2005- 16 9 336 1750 5.2 49 20 15 97

Rb #2- Willis McGahee

2004 16 11 284 1128 4.0 41 13 10 64

2005 16 15 325 1247 3.8 27 5 4 71

Rb #3- Ladanian Tomlinson

2004 15 15 339 1335 3.9 42 17 6 68

2005 16 16 339 1462 4.3 62 18 8 71

Rb #4- Tiki Barber

2004 16 14 322 1518 4.7 72 13 11 77

2005 16 16 357 1860 5.2 95 9 16 72

Rb # 5 Edgerin James

2004 16 16 334 1548 4.6 40 9 6 73

2005 15 15 360 1506 4.2 33 13 5 94

I used some rb's who are really good receiving backs but a few things stand out. One Tiki Barber is the best runningback in the nfl right now. Shaun Alexander be damned. Barber reminds me a lot of Thurman in his prime. For all the great press LT gets and a lot of it is deserved neither his ypc or his runs over 20 yards aren't all that great. Infact he has the same amount of 20+ yards runs in the last 2 years as our very own Willis Mcgahee with Tomlinson having 69 more carries :lol: each having 14 20+ yard runs the last 2 years.

They're all relativly close in first down runs. Johnson with 131, Willis with 135, LT with 139, tiki with 149, and edge leading this pack with 167. The differential in yards and touchdowns screams out to me we've been very one dimensional on offense and this cant be blamed on Willis much to everyones dismay and I really cant throw it on the offensive line either as he had much more success around the goalline in 04 then in 05 for one very simple reason. Runningbacks will generally get more touchdowns when your team is capable of throwing the ball. These other 4 runningbacks had teams that ranked fairly high in passing offense while the bills were pretty attrocious. KC ranked 5th, Sd-12th Giants- 11th Colts- 4th.

Buff- 29th

All I'm really trying to hammer home here is Willis is comparably "game speed" fast enough to hang with top tier runningbacks and I have little doubt that once the real problem of the offense is fixed and we develop a quaterback to lead a respectable passing game Willis's #'s will go up specifically in tds and yards. I think he'll be more along the lines of edge in ypc, but using him more as a receiver instead of trying to use him like a jamal lewis/bettis type will increase his production as well. Hopefully our passing woes improve and Willis can keep on being our most productive offensive player. :P

That's no out.

You make the errant assumption that it is a hardship to use the edit function available to all who use this board, and after posting -  going back and correcting spelling, capitilazation, construct, and so forth.

691851[/snapback]

Or get yourself FireFox and Spellbound.

BTW, despite being corrected, you haven't edited this yet. :lol: