39 Lee, Rob CB Cut

64 Tupa'i, Faafetai DT Cut

13 Setta, Nicholas K/P Cut

79 McFarland, Dylan OT Cut

17 Ochs, Craig QB Cut

2 Woodbury, Tory QB Cut

45 Jackson, Fred RB Cut

That's a lot of cutting to do!

Hmmm - this is just how I see things panning out based on reports out of camp and historical trends on the types of numbers at each position. DE is the only position I have left us thin at - maybe LB too. I also think that based on this list the OL looks VERY shallow based on my logic of cutting Jerman and Anderson... I guess we'll see how that pans out.

No offense Nick, but almost every NFL team carries 10-11 offensive linemen on the active roster. yet you can everyone else seems to think that magically we will only have 3 reserves. Sorry to say but it ain' happening.

No offense Nick, but almost every NFL team carries 10-11 offensive linemen on the active roster.  yet you can everyone else seems to think that magically we will only have 3 reserves.  Sorry to say but it ain' happening.

687040[/snapback]

I have us with 4 reserves and 2 on the PS... Like I said - we might have to trade one of the Safties to shoehorn in one of Jerman or Anderson.

I think that's a pretty good take at the 53 based on who's here now... still hoping to upgrade with some late cuts at DL & OL.

I have us with 4 reserves and 2 on the PS...  Like I said - we might have to trade one of the Safties to shoehorn in one of Jerman or Anderson.

687046[/snapback]

I think Vincent is gone, far too old with zero upside..... a late OL cut from another team can take his place, not Jerman & especially not Fat Bennie.

No offense Nick, but almost every NFL team carries 10-11 offensive linemen on the active roster.  yet you can everyone else seems to think that magically we will only have 3 reserves.  Sorry to say but it ain' happening.

687040[/snapback]

Actually, most teams only keep 9 linemen. 5 starters, 4 reserves, with 2 of the reserves being active for games and 2 inactive.

I won't do the whole roster, but here's my opinion on the OL:

Starters:

LT: Gandy

LG: Reyes

C: Fowler

RG: Villarial

RT: Peters

backup G/C: Preston, Geisinger

backup LT: McFarland

backup RT: Butler

practice squad: Merz, Pennington

cuts: Gibson, Anderson, Thomas, Morgan, Jerman

I think that's a pretty good take at the 53 based on who's here now... still hoping to upgrade with some late cuts at DL & OL.

I think Vincent is gone, far too old with zero upside..... a late OL cut from another team can take his place, not Jerman & especially not Fat Bennie.

687069[/snapback]

While one can theorize reasonably that Vincent might be cut if he somehow showed a large drop-off from last year AND we saw huge improvement by some young FS you fail to identify, the perhaps it is reasonable to consider.

But for a player who:

1. Tied for the team lead in INTs with McGee at 5 last year

2. Tie for the team lead in fumble recoveries with a paltry 2 last year (which still led team)

3. Has certainly lost a step since his CB days, but in thos CB days he was quick enough to cover speed WRs one-on-one and did this well enough to merit a Pro Bowl nod so now with his shift to FS he seems to have had a step to lose and he still can get the job done.

4. Was actually used somewhat inappropriately last year in the zone blitz which demanded solid run support from the safeties while a switch to theCover 2 (or even easier for him the Tampa 2) instead emphasizes pass coverage by the safties and actually puts a premium on safety experience to diagnose oppoing plays and players. He is old but this means that TV has seen a lot of plays.

5. We drafted key young talented DBs in this draft who have great skill but by definition are not vets. Vincent is a player who relates to his fellow teammates but in fact the entire league in a way that he was voted Pres of the NFLPA by his peers and he played a leadership role in a clearly fractious, pampered, (and sometime individually idiotic) group but their discipline held together such that they won a huge majority share of the total revenues.

6. Vincents leadership has led to him and other prominent NFL players actually attending Wharton business school and getting credit toward their MBA, in sharp contrast to the Travis Henry non-method of fiscal management..

7. He is first on the official team depth chart at FS and the only rumbling I have heard of his being cut are some unsubstantiated fact-free opinions on TSW.

8. Cutting him provides a relatively small fiscal benefit to the Bills in terms of cap savings. In fact, he was certainly both he and Milloy were weighed for cutting and the Bills made a choice already to cut Milloy (with multi-million cap savings) and keep Vincent.

Sure, he might get cut as folks such as TV who are well beyond the athletic prime in age can hit the wall suddenly. However, the claim that there is zero upside to keeping him simply does not line up with the facts.

Starters

22 Clements, Nate CB Starter

24 McGee, Terrence CB Starter

90 Kelsay, Chris DE Starter

94 Schobel, Aaron DE Starter

77 Anderson, Tim DT Starter

98 Tripplett, Larry DT Starter

31 Shelton, Daimon FB Starter

9 Lindell, Rian K Starter

55 Crowell, Angelo LB Starter

59 Fletcher, London LB Starter

51 Spikes, Takeo LB Starter

54 Schneck, Mike LS Starter

58 Villarrial, Chris OL Starter

67 Fowler, Melvin OL Starter

69 Gandy, Mike OL Starter

70 Reyes, Tutan OL Starter

71 Peters, Jason OL Starter

8 Moorman, Brian P Starter

7 Losman, JP QB Starter

21 McGahee, Willis RB Starter

23 Vincent, Troy S Starter

36 Whitner, Donte S Starter

84 Royal, Robert TE Starter

81 Price, Peerless WR Starter

83 Evans, Lee  WR Starter

Backups

29 King, Eric  CB Backup

33 Greer, Jabari CB Backup

38 Youboty, Ashton CB Backup

92 Denney, Ryan DE Backup

97 McCargo, John DL Backup

93 Sape, Lauvale DT Backup

95 Williams, Kyle DT Backup

35 Burns, Joe  FB/RB Backup

53 Haggan, Mario LB Backup

50 Ezekiel, Liam LB Backup

57 Stamer, Josh LB Backup

73 Geisinger, Justin OL Backup

74 Gibson, Aaron OL Backup

75 Preston, Duke OL Backup

60 Butler, Brad OL Backup

10 Holcomb, Kelly QB Backup

16 Nall, Craig  QB Backup

25 Gates, Lionel RB Backup

28 Thomas, Anthony RB Backup

40 Simpson, Ko S Backup

41 Bowen, Matt S Backup

26 Baker, Rashad S Backup

86 Cieslak, Brad TE Backup

85 Everett, Kevin TE Backup

82 Reed, Josh  WR Backup

11 Parrish, Roscoe WR Backup

18 Davis, Andre WR Backup

89 Aiken, Sam WR Backup

Practise Squad

74 Rice, Matthew DE Practise Squad

46 Ming, Derrick FB Practise Squad

64 Ellison, Keith LB Practise Squad

61 Pennington, Terrance OL Practise Squad

62 Merz, Aaron OL Practise Squad

17 Nance, Martin WR Practise Squad

Cuts

43 Bassey, Eric CB Cut

37 Thomas, Kiwaukee DB Cut

30 Bethea, James DB Cut

91 Powell, Eric DE Cut

63 Word, Mark DE Cut

72 Neill, Ryan  DL Cut

76 Hall, Jason  DL Cut

99 Jefferson, Jason DT Cut

68 Brown, LaWaylon DT Cut

44 Goldsberry, Jon FB Cut

54 DiGiorgio, John LB Cut

96 Posey, Jeff  LB Cut

52 Hunter, Wendell LB Cut

65 Thomas, Jason OL Cut

66 Anderson, Bennie OL Cut

76 Jerman, Greg OL Cut

72 Morgan, Matt OT Cut

20 Williams, Shaud RB Cut

27 Wire, Coy  S Cut

42 Leonhard, Jim S Cut

56 Carothers, Greg S/LB Cut

87 Euhus, Tim  TE Cut

88 Neufeld, Ryan TE Cut

14 Denney, Chris WR Cut

15 Wilson, George WR Cut

19 Smith, Jonathan WR Cut

39 Lee, Rob  CB Cut

64 Tupa'i, Faafetai DT Cut

13 Setta, Nicholas K/P Cut

79 McFarland, Dylan OT Cut

17 Ochs, Craig QB Cut

2 Woodbury, Tory QB Cut

45 Jackson, Fred RB Cut

That's a lot of cutting to do!

Hmmm - this is just how I see things panning out based on reports out of camp and historical trends on the types of numbers at each position.  DE is the only position I have left us thin at - maybe LB too.  I also think that based on this list the OL looks VERY shallow based on my logic of cutting Jerman and Anderson... I guess we'll see how that pans out.

687038[/snapback]

I think it looks realistic, but if we pick up an offensive lineman after June 1st I could see one or two guys more getting cut from the offensive line. Also, will Jim Leonhard get cut or can he stay as a backup?

While one can theorize reasonably that Vincent might be cut if he somehow showed a large drop-off from last year AND we saw huge improvement by some young FS you fail to identify, the perhaps it is reasonable to consider.

But for a player who:

1. Tied for the team lead in INTs with McGee at 5 last year

2. Tie for the team lead in fumble recoveries with a paltry 2 last year (which still led team)

He probably led the team in most times being trampled by opposing RBs/WRs.. if he wasn't first, he was near the top.

3. Has certainly lost a step since his CB days, but in thos CB days he was quick enough to cover  speed WRs one-on-one and did this well enough to merit a Pro Bowl nod so now with his shift to FS he seems to have had a step to lose and he still can get the job done.
Those Pro Bowl days are long over, and he's no Rod Woodson.

4. He is old
Agreed.

5. We drafted key young talented DBs in this draft who have great skill but by definition are not vets.
We already had key young talented DBs on this team before the draft. I think Baker will beat him out and will start this year until Simpson is ready. Baker has upside, Vincent does not.

Vincent is a player who relates to his fellow teammates but in fact the entire league in a way that he was voted Pres of the NFLPA by his peers and he played a leadership role in a clearly fractious, pampered, (and sometime individually idiotic) group but their discipline held together such that they won a huge majority share of the total revenues.
The NFLPA will not be able to give him a job on the field... maybe off the field, but not on.

6. Vincents leadership has led to him and other prominent NFL players actually attending Wharton business school and getting credit toward their MBA, in sharp contrast to the Travis Henry non-method of fiscal management..
Irrelevant, he's still too old.

7. He is first on the official team depth chart at FS and the only rumbling I have heard of his being cut are some unsubstantiated fact-free opinions on TSW.
Bennie Anderson and Kelly Holcomb are also first right now.

8. Cutting him provides a relatively small fiscal benefit to the Bills in terms of cap savings.  In fact, he was certainly both he and Milloy were weighed for cutting and the Bills made a choice already to cut Milloy (with multi-million cap savings) and keep Vincent.
Marv has already said that the better players will play.

Sure, he might get cut as folks such as TV who are well beyond the athletic prime in age can hit the wall suddenly.
He's already hit it, don't be fooled by the INT's. :angry:

Starters

22 Clements, Nate CB Starter

24 McGee, Terrence CB Starter

90 Kelsay, Chris DE Starter

94 Schobel, Aaron DE Starter

77 Anderson, Tim DT Starter

98 Tripplett, Larry DT Starter

31 Shelton, Daimon FB Starter

9 Lindell, Rian K Starter

55 Crowell, Angelo LB Starter

59 Fletcher, London LB Starter

51 Spikes, Takeo LB Starter

54 Schneck, Mike LS Starter

58 Villarrial, Chris OL Starter

67 Fowler, Melvin OL Starter

69 Gandy, Mike OL Starter

70 Reyes, Tutan OL Starter

71 Peters, Jason OL Starter

8 Moorman, Brian P Starter

7 Losman, JP QB Starter

21 McGahee, Willis RB Starter

23 Vincent, Troy S Starter

36 Whitner, Donte S Starter

84 Royal, Robert TE Starter

81 Price, Peerless WR Starter

83 Evans, Lee  WR Starter

[

687038[/snapback]

Shelton? Please say it ain't so. Damn, I wish we'd get a stud FB. Just for appearance, I'd put another receiver or TE as a starter so Daimon isn't on the list.

With the performance of Shaud Williams last year, I can't see him being cut.  He just made things happen.  There will also need to be a 4th DE on the active roster most likely.

687073[/snapback]

I like Williams' desire and attitude but it seemed the things he most made happen were getting the ball and making a second and seven into a third and seven. Just not enough production from your backup. Does come from my favorite college team though. Thanks.

Practise Squad

64 Ellison, Keith LB Practise Squad

Cuts

66 Anderson, Bennie OL Cut

76 Jerman, Greg OL Cut

I think Ellison makes the team outright but will be "inactive" on and off throughout the season.

I think both Anderson and Jerman stick for depth.

The only thing your list is missing is which players get tucked away on the IR list with a broken finger nail because they are too good to be cut, and so they won't count on either the active roster or the practice squad.