When should teams kick vs. going for first down?

Well, that is the question, isn't it?  Not that there are any coaches who don't want to win, but I think there is a certain subset that would rather make the conventional choice and avoid second-guessing rather than taking what might be a good risk.

684462[/snapback]

I'm sure that's the case. But some risks that aren't especially good, get taken. Fox opting to go for two early on in their SB against NE stands out.

Some head coaches take a 60 minute view. Some let their rambunctious OC's try whizz-bang stuff.

The real problem maybe the dumbasses in the media whose unfair criticisms make the coaches incredibly risk averse.

684476[/snapback]

Not to mention clowns like Bob Trumpy. He was good as saying something like "They have to go for it...a field goal means nothing!!". And when the 4th down attempt fails, he would immediately say "I can't believe what I'm seeing! When you get this far, you have got to get some points on the board". :lol:

I want a team that doesn't have a punter or place kicker on the team. I would run a Madden style offense and I wouldn't attempt a FG/PAT and I sure as h3ll wouldn't punt.

I would play football like I play Yahtzee: I'd gamble a lot and make it up in the 2's.

Mine is the travis henry option pass on the 5.

Beerball will melt down very soon...

How about the tricky direct snap to a midget?

684410[/snapback]

And people wonder why some have no patience left? What a bunch of maroons! What other team can point to so many utterly stuupid gadgets? Maybe a boring coach is just what we need right now.

Seems you are reading a lot more into day-to-day thread frivolity than is warranted...If you feel I committed an unpardonable sin, tell me.

684683[/snapback]

Bless me father for I have sinned in my mind...nah...