sweet mother of god...the new superman

Cant wait, and you GOT to love Kevin Spacey as Lex Luthor...if there was ever such a thing as perfect casting, thats it.

681859[/snapback]

I can think of a better one: Shelley Duvall as Olive Oyl in Popeye.

I can think of a better one: Shelley Duvall as Olive Oyl in Popeye.

682429[/snapback]

lol....that was just on cable the other day when I was playing some online poker. Some huge nostalgia was kickin' in.....and I agree, she pretty much brought Olive to life :P

or maybe no one is as excited as me...but as a child growing up with the christopher reeves' superman movies, i can't wait for this to be released

http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/supermanreturns/trailer2/

681634[/snapback]

I dunno.

Hackman over Spacey by a country mile. And it definitely looks like they're running with the formula and stylization that made X-Men and Spiderman successful. I wish they'd do something a little more classic-seeming. This doesn't seem to jive with the DC comics feel. Just me.

I'm going to go back to the basement till Mom calls me for dinner now.

I agree

682439[/snapback]

ok ok...i lose

whenever i watch smallville, i'm disgusted at how freaking emo superman is

before you know it, he's going to be buying tampax and a nice little purse to carry them around in

smallville seems to be dawson's creek with super powers

not that i ever watched dawson's creek when i was younger :P

ok ok...i lose

before you know it, he's going to be buying tampax and a nice little purse to carry them around in

not that i ever watched dawson's creek when i was younger  :doh:

682558[/snapback]

That's why his nickname is "the mopiest teenager on the planet" or just "Mopey" on the Television Without Pity boards.

I'd be happy watching if Tom Welling just stood there and kept his mouth shut. Girly Eye Candy :lol:

Oh really?!?  I guess no one has broken the news to you yet.  AJ says you can't go.  Something about girl cooties  :lol:

683073[/snapback]

:w00t::lol:

Oh reeeeaally?? Since when do I listen to what he says? :lol: I've learned over the past weekend that it's a good idea to listen to him when he gives you HT recommendations. :lol::doh:

ok ok...i lose

not that i ever watched dawson's creek when i was younger  :w00t:

682558[/snapback]

Clark is kinda emo in Smallville - but that adds to it's charm IMO. But it's the idea that you are watching all the big characters play out their youth and building into their Superman characters that I really dig. I think they are doing a great job of playing out the Lex build up to evil - showing Clark's potential dark side - building relationships between characters that will come back to them later - it's all good.

Throw in the odd DC Comics character cameo (Aquaman springs to mind) and it's all the more entertaining.

• 3 weeks later...