I hope Kerry turns to Bush tonight and says ...

I hope Kerry turns to Bush tonight and says, "Let's talk about 'flip-flops' ... To date, you have given twenty-three different reasons for going to war in Iraq. Saddam had WMD's ... Saddam attacked the Twin Towers... Saddam had yellowcake uranium and was going nuclear ... Saddam threw out the weapons inspectors ... Well, Mr. President, pick one! And for God's sake, stop calling me a 'flip-flopper' when - two years, two hundred billion dollars, and a thousand deaths into this war - you still cannot decide on a justification."

-

--- Go get 'em, John!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since when was the basis for going to war a multiple choice question with no option for "all of the above"?

I hope Kerry does ask the question the way you typed it verbatim. Especially the Saddam/twin towers thing. Bush would wipe the floor with him. The American people would see yet another indication of Kerry's desparation and ignorance. Quick, type up some memos and get a hold of CBS -- maybe they can get you in touch with Lockhart by 9:00 and you can plant that question. Of course, the candidates aren't allowed to ask questions of each other, but if Kerry is willing to commit war crimes in Vietnam I'm sure violating a debate rule would be no problem.

I would like Kerry to turn to Bush and say, "We had to agree to all these restrictions to get you to agree to show up, but now that we're all here live, let's agree to drop these silly rules and give the voters what they deserve, a real direct debate between you and I on the issues. I'll be happy to answer your direct questions, and hopefully you'll do the same. Are you up for it, Mr President?"

I would like Kerry to turn to Bush and say, "We had to agree to all these restrictions to get you to agree to show up, but now that we're all here live, let's agree to drop these silly rules and give the voters what they deserve, a real direct debate between you and I on the issues. I'll be happy to answer your direct questions, and hopefully you'll do the same. Are you up for it, Mr President?"

Like I said, if Kerry is willing to commit war crimes in Vietnam I'm sure violating a debate rule would be no problem.

Of course the easy reply would be "Well Senator Kerry, since you've flip flopped on everything else in this campaign I guess I shouldn't be surprised that you'd flip flop a gentlemen's agreement."

Like I said, if Kerry is willing to commit war crimes in Vietnam I'm sure violating a debate rule would be no problem.

Of course the easy reply would be "Well Senator Kerry, since you've flip flopped on everything else in this campaign I guess I shouldn't be surprised that you'd flip flop a gentlemen's agreement."

50978[/snapback]

The agreement was more between Kerry, the gentlemen, willing to have a real debate and Bush, a wuss who needed all sorts of artifices devised by his handlers so that he doesn't come off looking like an idiot before he would agree to show up for the debate. It would be like Ali telling Frazier he wouldn't show up for the fight unless Frazier agreed not to use his left hand.

It would be like Ali telling Frazier he wouldn't show up for the fight unless Frazier agreed not to use his left hand.

Not even in the same ballpark. Frazier wouldn't have whined like a baby about it the day of the fight. And how do you know how much of this was Bush versus how much was Kerry? You make it sound like Bush was the only one who wanted stipulations. That's wrong.

I would like Kerry to turn to Bush and say, "We had to agree to all these restrictions to get you to agree to show up, but now that we're all here live, let's agree to drop these silly rules and give the voters what they deserve, a real direct debate between you and I on the issues.  I'll be happy to answer your direct questions, and hopefully you'll do the same.  Are you up for it, Mr President?"

50968[/snapback]

Senator Kerry is no more interested in a real debate than Mr. Bush is. It would expose both of them as the frauds they are.

You make it sound like Bush was the only one who wanted stipulations. That's wrong.

C'mon now, what stipulations do you really think Kerry was pushing for? It's in Bush's best interest to make the debate as scripted as possible to avoid having to think on his feet.

C'mon now, what stipulations do you really think Kerry was pushing for? It's in Bush's best interest to make the debate as scripted as possible to avoid having to think on his feet.

So are you suggesting that all 30+ pages of stipulations in the agreement were authored exclusively by the Bush campaign and that Kerry ceded to them purely to get a third debate? I think you're confusing the RNC with the U.N.

Except that GWB is not a fraud.

51270[/snapback]

Sure he isn't. Just another Republican who campaigns on the standard platform and governs like a liberal once he's in office. The road to ruin for this country has been paved by the liars in Washington and those who blindly believe them despite the litany of contrary facts.

Anyone want to bet me dinner that Bush WON'T have a huge "MISSION ACCOMPLISHED" banner hanging over his podium? ...

51482[/snapback]

Anyone want to get me dinner that Kerry won't have a huge banner overhead saying "Troops out of Iraq in six months...no, make that two years...no, make that by the end of my term...no..."

Sure he isn't.  Just another Republican who campaigns on the standard platform and governs like a liberal once he's in office.  The road to ruin for this country has been paved by the liars in Washington and those who blindly believe them despite the litany of contrary facts.

51322[/snapback]

Since GWB is not a lemming he will sometimes make decisions that bother radical conservatives. GWB is not a liar. I do not blindly agree with everything he says & does.

But, I do support many, many of the exact same things that GWB supports. And I am not for many, many of the things that Kerry is for.

But, I guess I'm just a liberal liar and a lemming.

Nope. Wrong. Don't you remember? It was one of the twenty-three different main justifications Bush gave for the war. The "clear link" between Saddam and Al Qaeda ...

53053[/snapback]

Yes, between Saddam and Al Qaeda, not Saddam and 9/11. Bush said that Hussein and his Iraqi regime have been linked to Al Qaeda in the past (which is completely true), but never said that Hussein had any involvement in 9/11.

Think before you speak.