MY TAKE ON THE 2006-2007 BUFFALO BILLS OFFENSE!

Well, with the draft finally in the books, it looks as though we did not get any immediate help on offense. So, here is how I think our Offense will look come opening day.

QB - No need to beat around the bushe here. Obviously this is the biggest question of the offseason. Who will play QB for the Bills this year. While I know I may not go with the most popular choice here, I do believe this is the way things will turn out. The starting QB for the Buffalo Bills in the 2006-2007 season is.....JP Losman! I am expecting him to win the job during training camp and through the preseason. I just see this guy as making the most plays on offense for us....whether it is with his arm or legs. If he can get a little more time to throw the ball and if we can establish a decent running game, I think his accuracy will improve. He has the biggest arm of the 3 QBs on the roster and is by far the most mobile. With the speed we now have a WR, we are going to need someone who can get the ball down the field in a hurray. And, we all know that Holcolmb, while accurate, has a noodle for an arm. I know we don't have too much of an idea about Nall yet, but I just don't think he is the athlete that Losman is. Therefore, I expect Losman to be the starter. And, I don't believe our O-LINE is that much better over last year and we will need a mobile QB to be able to get away from the constant pressure. There are so many things that could affect this position, it is pretty hard to make an assesment. However, if we can get 3000+ yards and 15-20 TDs from our QB this year, I think we will be OK.

LT - Gandy: Not much to say here. We know what we are getting. He is not a star, but I believe he played well enough last year, for the most part. I really wanted this position to get addressed in the draft, but that is just not the way it went. He will give us the exact same stuff we got last year

G - Reyes: A newcomer to the line. While again, he is not a superstar, he is an upgrade from Bennie. He will move better and I believe we will see some improvement. We might actually have a lineman here worth trying to pull. Bennie couldn't get out of his own way last year. Everytime he tried to pull, the back was already tackled because he couldn't get to his assignments fast enough. That will improve this year, but again, not by as much as I had hoped.

C - Fowler: Another newcomer to the line. It is hard to say what we might get from him. He does have more size than Teague, but I am not sure if overall he is THAT much of an upgrade. He is a good center, not a great center. But, you could say the same about Teague. I personally was not a fan of Teague, but I just don't know how much of an improvement we will have here. Hopefully he will be able to pick up the blitx up the middle a lot better than Teague did.

G - Villerial: If he can stay healthy, he will be solid. Always plays with a nasty streak and usually gets the job done. Again, when healthy, he is probably our most consistant lineman. But, injury problems has followed him the last couple years. Hopefully he can return to the form he had a couple seasons back.

RT - Peters: Here is perhaps the most interesting story. With several starts last year, he kept getting better and better. He is still growing into the position and I think he will have a good year this year. Very athletic and can do a lot of things. Hopefully he will stay injury free and will progress nicely. With his natural athletic ability, he could become a great RT in the future. Hopefully he keeps improving.

TE - Everett: We didn't get to see anything of this guy last year due to injury. While it seems as though he has recovered fully from that injury, he had a groin problem in the first minicamp. I hope this guy can be ready. Being a Canes fan, I had an opportunity to watch this guy play. He is a great athlete and will really excell if he can stay on the field. While his skills are not as defined as the top TEs in the league, this guy will open some eyes if given the opportunity. He is a guy that has good size and will be able to stretch the field a bit. He will open some things up to the WR because he will demand attention. But again, I just hope he can get healthy and stay that way.

WR - Price: I am hoping this guy was humbled a bit over that last couple seasons. Maybe he can rededicate himslf to becoming the receiver he once was. He is blazing fast and can make plays while motivated. With him and Evans on the outside, there is pleanty of speed on the field which will hopefully allow our QB to get rid of the ball a bit faster. I just hope we can give our receivers a chance to succeed this year. We have to protect the QB better than we did last year if we have any hope of this. If Price, even with his questionable hands and eye can gain back his form of a few years back, he will be good enough. I'd like to see him get 60 balls this year.

WR - Evans: With Moulds leaving, here is his chance to step up. He did make plays last year, bit I beleieve alot of thise you can credit to the double teams that Moulds got. To me, he seem like a guy who wants to work hard and wants to be a star. Hopefully, we can get 75 balls to him this year. I think that would be a good year.

WR - Parrish: Again, with him hurt last year, you didn't get to see the real guy. He is PERFECT for the slot and another FAST and QUICK receiver. With him healthy this year, despite his size, he will be VERY productive. Look for him to convert several 3rd downs for us this year!!!!! Again, as a Canes fan, I believe he will shock a lot of people here. With JP as #7 and Roscoe as #11, i truly expect that combo to live up to its name......7-11......ALWAYS OPEN!! Especially on 3rd downs.

***NOTE*** I expect out new offense to be mostly a 3 WR set. It is very obvious Fairchild wants to stretch the field and hit the long balls. I don't know how much of a 2-back set you will see this year. Should be interesting!

RB - McGahee: I think this year will be the first year that we see the "REAL" Willis McGahee. The previous coaching stahh never used this guy the way he should have been used. From several reports, he will be playing about 15 pounds lighter this year which will bring back some of that quickness he once had. He WILL NOT come out on 3rd downs all the time!!!!! He can catch the ball and do somehting with it. He just has never had that opportunity. I think you will see him catching a lot more balls and having more opportunities to change the game on offense. While I do not think our O_LINE is drastically improved, I think it is better and I expect him to have a good year rushing the ball. I'd like to see him at 1500 yards this year with about 30 catches. If that happens, I think this guy can be a game changer.

So, that is my review of the Offense this year. I'd like to see it improve from 28th to at least the middle of the pack. Giving Willis more of an opportunity to change the game will help this. Also, no more Roscoe Parrish in the shotgun will help as well.

As we sit here, several months before opening day, without seeing a single practice or preseason game, I think this is a 7 or 8 win team this year. Hopefully we can get more out of it, but this is what I see as of now.

I don't think we are as bad as we were last year. That coaching staff killed us in so many games, we never had a chance. I like Jauron and the coaching staff here. I think having them alone will help us to at least 2 more wins. Hopefully we can put things together early and pull off a couple surprises. Our schedule is not the toughest this year and I think that wil help us.

Here is hoping we find a way to sneak into the playoffs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!