Mort....STFU

I happen to think that Donahoe was a excellent draft day poker player.  Too bad the players he picked didn't seem to pan out all that often or were gone before you turned around.

677915[/snapback]

TD was a draftnick at heart. Marv's a coach. Two different philosophies, two different results.

I dont know what mort's problem is. IN fact most of those guys ( exception berman) talk trash about the bills... it's like the popular thing to do. I cant wait till the bills have an improved season and mort is mortified.

677921[/snapback]

Unfortunately, you may be waiting for quite a while to see an improved season.

Mort excels at NFL news and gossip. Does he scout these players? Absolutely not. I think we are affording him far too much credit. If he is indeed being fed info by TD then it just further discredits his ramblings. I wish one of the ESPN channels would rebroadcast a draft from 4 or 5 years ago. It would be quite interesting to hear what the "pundits" said and what turned out to be.

I love how Golic starts chiming in after Mel, hacking all over the picks like Mort, and then says something like, " you know, it could be that the focus on character that Levy and Co. have is the reason why they reached"......NO FUGGIN sh--!!!  How many times have Marv, Ralph, Jauron, etc said that they wanted players with no character issues in this draft??  Morons.....

677895[/snapback]

I like Golic but he actually said at the start of the program today that 7th round picks are expected to contribute

who the hell is drafting a 7th round guy and expecting him to contribute, most of these guys are lucky to make it on the practice squad

I like Golic but he actually said at the start of the program today that 7th round picks are expected to contribute

who the hell is drafting a 7th round guy and expecting him to contribute, most of these guys are lucky to make it on the practice squad

677962[/snapback]

They contribute to Frankfurt?

I happen to think that Donahoe was a excellent draft day poker player.  Too bad the players he picked didn't seem to pan out all that often or were gone before you turned around.

677915[/snapback]

But that's the whole point...You still have to Pick em' right and that is what some Folks refuse to recognize...Teams have different philosophies...Some like to Trade Down, some like to stay put...Some like to be flexable, others lock in...All the different philosophies have failed, all have succeeded...

It's all about who you Pick in the long run, not how you Pick... :lol:

But that's the whole point...You still have to Pick em' right and that is what some Folks refuse to recognize...Teams have different philosophies...Some like to Trade Down, some like to stay put...Some like to be flexable, others lock in...All the different philosophies have failed, all have succeeded...

It's all about who you Pick in the long run, not how you Pick... :lol:

677970[/snapback]

I'd still say how you pick is important when your team is terrible and needs players.

Also, by reaching and being overly conservative, the margin for error becomes smaller. Jimmy Johnson was a "draft genius" because he worked the draft to improve his percentages. With 12 picks, he was more likely to find a Zach Thomas than with 4 picks.

For Marv and the Bills sake, we both hope Marv has nailed these picks and we just massively upgraded our secondary and found a 12 year Pro Bowler to anchor the DL.

Still, it's not guaranteed.

I do appreciate it is a "different style and system". I don't think anybody would argue with that one. :lol: