ESPN Bias?

Mike F

After a day to digest the Bills picks, I am pretty happy. Did we pick the players that the "experts" said we should, or at least in the order that we were supposed to pick?

No, and that has already been discussed ad nauseum.

BUT, if you told me at 1200 pm on Saturday that the Bills would finish Day One with three players ranked in the top 50-60, and that they would all be at "need positions", I would have taken it.

Who cares what order they came in, or if an analyst (covering their own arses) called it a reach? The end result is what matters and the Bills had a fine first day.

On to my real topic................also discussed to an extent. What is up ESPN's collective arse? Especially Mort and the "pencil necked geek" John Clayton? They are both acting like the Bills did something to them, personally. Are they TD's buddies and feel that they can get back at the Bills by being negative?

First, they rip the Bills for "reaching" on Whitner and McCargo, but where was the praise for getting Youboty in the THIRD round? (a consensus first rounder according to Mel).

Then, and my main point................the Bills are listed as losers for Day One (revisit my earlier comment on addressing three needs with excellent prospects), yet the Broncos were listed as big winners.

If I am not mistaken, the Broncos traded up to get Cutler when they may have been able to stand pat and get him at 15. The Bills were roasted for doing the same thing later in the first round with McCargo.

Then, the Broncos deal a SECOND round pick for disgruntled receiver Javon Walker when they could have had a comparable receiver in Eric Moulds for a fourth or fifth round pick a week ago.

So, they make one solid pick in round one (forfeiting a third round pick to move up when it may not have been necessary), trade a second round pick for a head case receiver and don't even pick in the third round, yet they are the first team listed under the winners column.

And, half of our very own Bills fans go off on Marv and Co, based on this type of analysis? :lol:

Mike

I actually think that there might be. The still mourn the loss of Donahoe, and he's still their buddy. And if you recall how insecure Donahoe is, I'm sure he's still feeding them as much negative lines as he can about the Bills.

I noticed that they skated right past discussing Ko Simpson...they had several chances to acknowledge the Bills picking a really good player. Instead, we get a feature on a tight end from Wisconsin and a never-ending dull as dirt interview with Kubiak.

Youboty was rated first round by USA Today, and Ko Simpson is 40th rated player in the draft by I forget whom.

I think Marv is smarter than anybody I've ever met, and more than likely smarter than any other GM in the league. Maybe not as football savvy, maybe more.

I noticed that they skated right past discussing Ko Simpson...they had several chances to acknowledge the Bills picking a really good player.  Instead, we get a feature on a tight end from Wisconsin and a never-ending dull as dirt interview with Kubiak. 

Youboty was rated first round by USA Today, and Ko Simpson is 40th rated player in the draft by I forget whom.

I think Marv is smarter than anybody I've ever met, and more than likely smarter than any other GM in the league.  Maybe not as football savvy, maybe more.

677862[/snapback]

Mort is a bigger tool!!

They've been talking about Ko Simpson. They say he should have stayed in school because if he had he'd have likely moved up to the early part of the second round.

His film looks good. He goes and gets the ball at its highest point and he hits on the run. He's pretty big, too.

After a day to digest the Bills picks, I am pretty happy.    Did we pick the players that the "experts" said we should, or at least in the order that we were supposed to pick?

No, and that has already been discussed ad nauseum.

BUT, if you told me at 1200 pm on Saturday that the Bills would finish Day One with three players ranked in the top 50-60, and that they would all be at "need positions", I would have taken it.

Who cares what order they came in, or if an analyst (covering their own arses) called it a reach?  The end result is what matters and the Bills had a fine first day.

On to my real topic................also discussed to an extent.  What is up ESPN's collective arse?  Especially Mort and the "pencil necked geek" John Clayton?    They are both acting like the Bills did something to them, personally.  Are they TD's buddies and feel that they can get back at the Bills by being negative?

First, they rip the Bills for "reaching" on Whitner and McCargo, but where was the praise for getting Youboty in the THIRD round?  (a consensus first rounder according to Mel).

Then, and my main point................the Bills are listed as losers for Day One (revisit my earlier comment on addressing three needs with excellent prospects), yet the Broncos were listed as big winners.

If I am not mistaken, the Broncos traded up to get Cutler when they may have been able to stand pat and get him at 15.    The Bills were roasted for doing the same thing later in the first round with McCargo.

Then, the Broncos deal a SECOND round pick for disgruntled receiver Javon Walker when they could have had a comparable receiver in Eric Moulds for a fourth or fifth round pick a week ago.

So, they make one solid pick in round one (forfeiting a third round pick to move up when it may not have been necessary), trade a second round pick for a head case receiver and don't even pick in the third round, yet they are the first team listed under the winners column.

And, half of our very own Bills fans go off on Marv and Co, based on this type of analysis?    :lol: 

Mike

677720[/snapback]

I agree with some of what you said, but Moulds being a comparable WR to Javon Walker? Hold the phone with that! Moulds is about done, Walker, if he comes back healthy, is a young rising star.