supersoakers...the next generation

Back in the days when kids were kids, squirt guns were for...squirts.

Pea shooters with hard-hitting navy beans was our weapon of choice, followed by crab apples and carefully-grown ice balls and fist-sized icicle chunks. :)

679644[/snapback]

LOL!

We used to have some serious crab apple wars. You can get some good velocity by pinning them to the end of a sapling and slinging them towards the enemy.

LOL!

We used to have some serious crab apple wars. You can get some good velocity by pinning them to the end of a sapling and slinging them towards the enemy.

679653[/snapback]

I couldn't begin to imagine the furor, rapid response, criminal charges, hand-wringing, and grief counseling that would take place today if a good 'ol crabapple battle happened... :)

There was a ratty old quince bush in the front yard where I mostly grew up. They made pretty decent ammo, too. :)

I couldn't begin to imagine the furor, rapid response, criminal charges, hand-wringing, and grief counseling that would take place today if a good 'ol crabapple battle happened... :)

There was a ratty old quince bush in the front yard where I mostly grew up. They made pretty decent ammo, too. :)

679663[/snapback]

"Playing Army" itself would probably get Child Welfare called on your ass.

In my neighborhood, we had army wars, weapons, there was some trees with chestnuts, and for shields we used galvanized trash can lids...Dang, those hurt , the fun was worth the knots they raised...

679776[/snapback]

We worked in the woods a lot.

And, I swear to God, there's lessons that I learned playing in the woods that were actually useful later on in real life. Don't want to go PPP here, but if more youngun's played "war" like we did as a kids a few more might come back from the real thing.

Crab Apples would be great.....my brother and I, if we were REALLY pissed off, would start flingin' the petrified dog poop, though. The Crab Apple hurts more if you take a direct hit, but taking some poop to the head can completely demoralize your opponent.

Dried cow pies work great too!  Actually the ones that were hard on the outside but squishy on the inside had a better effect on your opponent.  :lol:  :)

679836[/snapback]

Sounds like you'd have to be careful not to put too much force behind the throw, otherwise you might end up with cow pie halves fallling back onto your mug.....probably the squishy part would get on you, too :)

In my neighborhood, we had army wars, weapons, there was some trees with chestnuts, and for shields we used galvanized trash can lids...Dang, those hurt , the fun was worth the knots they raised...

679776[/snapback]

We had the old crab apple fights all the time. If you fight with projectiles that hurts, you get VERY good at dodging them/blocking them from hitting you. Not liek today's pussified kids who fight with foam arrows.

Another favorite was going into the neighbors huge garden right after halloween and having rotten/frozen pumpkin, tomato, corn, etc fights.

Dried cow pies work great too!  Actually the ones that were hard on the outside but squishy on the inside had a better effect on your opponent.  :)  :)

679836[/snapback]

Reason number 26 as to why not to hang with AJ and Lana.

At least AJ wears shoes...

Reason number 26 as to why not to hang with AJ and Lana.

At least AJ wears shoes...

679932[/snapback]

:)

Sounds like you'd have to be careful not to put too much force behind the throw, otherwise you might end up with cow pie halves fallling back onto your mug.....probably the squishy part would get on you, too  :)

679846[/snapback]

Well, they work best for short distances. :)