WHO HAS HAD THE BEST DRAFT....

sven233

Suppose Mike Tyson chose to pick a fight with a little old lady.  I'd be rooting for the lady to win the fight.  But there's a difference between which person I hope would win, and which person I expect to win.  I hope the Bills had the best draft.  But if you were to offer me a choice between Ferguson and Mangold on the one hand, or Whitner and McCargo on the other . . . that's an easy choice.

677216[/snapback]

You, sir, make alot of sense. Unfortunately, the Jets, as of today, seemed to do very well.

Suppose Mike Tyson chose to pick a fight with a little old lady.  I'd be rooting for the lady to win the fight.  But there's a difference between which person I hope would win, and which person I expect to win.  I hope the Bills had the best draft.  But if you were to offer me a choice between Ferguson and Mangold on the one hand, or Whitner and McCargo on the other . . . that's an easy choice.

677216[/snapback]

You'd take Whitner and McCargo as well? Right on man.

Well, I am definately not one of those people.  There is no such thing as a sure thing.  Maybe I should have worded the post a little differently....

Maybe something like......

Based on what we already know about the players that were drafted, who do you think will end up having the best draft 3-5 years from now?

Of course it is impossible to rate this draft for the future, but I was shooting for who, on paper so far, do you think had the best draft?  We won't know who is right or wrong for 3-5 more years!  But, it is fun to speculate.  That is all this thread was meant for - just meant for fun!

677160[/snapback]

Alright, well when you put it like that, i guess its alright to play along every once and a while.

Although they are still going to suck drastically again next year, i would say that San Francisco had a fairly good draft when you consider that they picked up Davis to help out Alex Smith and they also got Manny Lawson, who could end up being a leader on that team later on down the road.

The team that on paper had the best draft though that put themselves in a position to really be effective next year is Arizona with the drafting of Leinart, Lutui, and Pope. Although they didn't address the defense at all, i still think it was a good draft, but the neglect for the defense will end up being their achilies heal.

How was that? HAHA