Round 3 (#70) Selection: CB Ashton Youboty

SDS

So we pretty much traded Travis Henry for the rights to Ashton Youboty I'll take it.  :)

Honestly in an ideal situation we'd re-sign nate and let  Youboty develop and then challenge Mcgee for a starting spot. I still think Terrence would be best served as a nickle back.

677369[/snapback]

Say wha??? Terrence McGee is a legit starter in this league. No way would I ever relegate him to the nickel. At the very least I'd move him to FS since IIRC he was actually listed as a S coming out of college. How can you take one of our top playmakers out of a starting position??

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Say wha???  Terrence McGee is a legit starter in this league. No way would I ever relegate him to the nickel. At the very least I'd move him to FS since IIRC he was actually listed as a S coming out of college. How can you take one of our top playmakers out of a starting position??

677375[/snapback]

I just prefer corners who have more size to them. Nothing personal against Mcgee I like him, he has a knack for making plays.I dont think he's as good of a corner as some others though. I never thought about moving him to fs. That's actually pretty interesting though. Mcgee's speed in center field and ball awarness could come in really handy, but I see him as a liability matching up man to man against the leagues better wr's. I mean we could do a lot worse, but if we re-sign nate a little competition never hurt no one, and if nothing else would give us great depth at corner.

Don't worry?  Don't worry!!  The Bills haven't had an offensive line since the Super Bowl years.  This staff acquired some depth players for the line in free agency, but nobody you'd really say would be above average for a starter, or probably even average.  The first day of the draft is over, and the Bills did nothing whatsoever today to address the offensive line.

Yes, there's always tomorrow, and the Bills could meaningfully address the offensive line if they wanted to.  I just hope they've placed it at the top of their priority list.  Thus far, I've seen little indication that they have.

677118[/snapback]

Quick, get a Hard-Hat....the sky is falling!

2 OL were drafted since our 3rd pick....

OT Rashad Butler

C Jason Spitz

(I can't imagine you would have been happy with them.)

There are only 7 picks before us in Round 4.

Perhaps they know an awful lot more about the talent available than us.

I just prefer corners who have  more size to them. Nothing personal against Mcgee I like him, he has a knack for making plays.I dont think he's as good of a corner as some others though.  I never thought about moving him to fs. That's actually pretty interesting though.  Mcgee's speed in center field and ball awarness could come in really handy, but I see him as a liability matching up man to man against the leagues better wr's.  I mean we could do a lot worse, but if we re-sign nate a little competition never hurt no one, and if nothing else would give us great depth at corner.

677377[/snapback]

I have a feeling that we're going let Nate go, but I'd love to see us re-sign him. I really don't Terrence has peaked yet, though....I think he took a huge step forward last season at the corner position, but I think he's got more potential to tap into. I think no matter how Jauron decides to play people, we have one kick ass secondary, man.

As good a value as he may be, something tells me the Bills wouldn't have taken Youboty if Nate had been locked up to a long-term contract.  The uncertainty about Clements' contract is too bad, because this team really could have used a good offensive lineman or two on the first day of the draft.

676614[/snapback]

I disagree for two reasons.

First, the uncertainty around Clements' contract is also directly related, I think, to the simple fact that he was pretty bad last year. Yobouty might be Clements' eventual replacement as much for performance reasons as for monetary reasons.

Secondly, you need three DB's in the NFL. The third round is an ideal spot to get your nickel CB in a League where many teams are consistently lining up in 3WR sets.

JDG

Too bad he can't block Jason Taylor.

676459[/snapback]

No but Gandy can.

Gandy played darn well last year. I don't care what anyone says.

The Bills problems were in the middle not the outsides. Reyes is no Bennie Anderson.

I just prefer corners who have  more size to them. Nothing personal against Mcgee I like him, he has a knack for making plays.I dont think he's as good of a corner as some others though.  I never thought about moving him to fs. That's actually pretty interesting though.  Mcgee's speed in center field and ball awarness could come in really handy, but I see him as a liability matching up man to man against the leagues better wr's.  I mean we could do a lot worse, but if we re-sign nate a little competition never hurt no one, and if nothing else would give us great depth at corner.

677377[/snapback]

Good post