"OSU" Whitner not a lock for 1st round selection

Beerstm

"The only first-round locks are linebacker A.J. Hawk and receiver Santonio Holmes. Hawk has a good chance of being the highest Buckeye pick since Orlando Pace and Shawn Springs went first and third, respectively, in 1997.

The highest pick since then was David Boston, eighth in 1999.

Linebacker Bobby Carpenter likely will go in the first round, and most projections have some combination of cornerback Ashton Youboty, safety Donte Whitner and center Nick Mangold as first-rounders, as well"

If your own school is not sure your worthy of a 1st round pick... I think marv should have traded down!

Chris Spielman had Whitner going in late 1st round or early 2nd.. I Know he is no NFL GM.. but I respect his opinion!

I can't belive I'm bummed an OSU player has been selected.... New low for me

What guy on the board would be a no-questions starter for the Bills at #8?

Ngata and Bunkley are both projected, AT BEST, to be 2 down guys their first year. Whitner will start from the beginning and he's a special teams terror. I'm not sure there was one other guy could have helped the Bills this much right now.

Offensive lineman will come in rounds 2 and 3. The draft is deep at O-line, although the only stud was Ferguson.

What guy on the board would be a no-questions starter for the Bills at #8?

Ngata and Bunkley are both projected, AT BEST, to be 2 down guys their first year. Whitner will start from the beginning and he's a special teams terror. I'm not sure there was one other guy could have helped the Bills this much right now.

Offensive lineman will come in rounds 2 and 3. The draft is deep at O-line, although the only stud was Ferguson.

674887[/snapback]

I do like that reasoning!