(ot) Sad night in Montreal...

Greg de'Ville

Greg ... Agree it's sad that the Expos are leaving. THE GOOD NEWS: Washington should have a baseball team. THE BAD NEWS: The guy running the ownership syndicate apparently is known for failed business ventures on a grand scale. Stay tuned ...

50311[/snapback]

I didn't know GWB was getting back into baseball :huh:

has anyone mentioned the fact that when the marlins were on the field for our national anthem the canadian people almost booooed them right off the field? and when the expos took the field for their national anthem they had beer bottles and golf ball thrown at them? that just blows my mind i can't belive those fans. would this happen EVER in the u.s.? who knows..... to me this is one of the hugest insults to us americans and to people who have fought in this country. i know all canadians don't hate us but to the rest of you rubbernecks.... :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

and to add to that their team sucked anyways due to the stevestojantty management. so it will be no loss to the mlb in anyway at all. it's america's past time anyways.

MLB did everything in their power to make sure no one cared about the Expos.  They killed a good franchise.  Considering how Buffalo lost the NBA Braves, I would think people here would have some sympathy.

PTR

50380[/snapback]

I agree with you Promo. MLB really mismanaged the Expos. The 1994 strike hurt the Expos severely. Also, the rich and poor economic system of MLB helped widen the divide between the Expos and the rest of the league.

The usual solution for waning interest is for teams to build new ballparks. Then what? The richest still win and the poorest don't. Some people still don't go to baseball games because of the strike of 1994.

Montreal should still have a MLB team. MLB gave the fans in Montreal every reason not to care.

As for the crowd in Montreal booing the US anthem, that has happened before (even at kids hockey games) especially in the aftermath of the Iraq war. It is interesting to note that the booing at the last Expos home game was soon drowned out by cheers. US college students perhaps?

As for the Buffalo Braves, the NBA owners and the league conspired to get another franchise in California. The owner of the Braves sold the top players and the fans stopped attending the games so the league had the perfect excuse to move to San Diego. The Braves were very popular at one time but once again, the NBA gave the Buffalo fans good reason not to care.

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
so it will be no loss to the mlb in anyway at all.  it's america's past time anyways.

51500[/snapback]

Then stop calling it the World Series!!!

There is a REASON why Washington lost its MLB team TWICE in the FIRST PLACE, and we are rewarding them with another one? PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EXPLAIN WHY a town DESERVES this treatment when OTHER cities who haven't even had ONE gets the shaft? I think it is a disgrace.