The Texans don't know how to use the NFL draft

I have no problem with Houston passing on Reggie Bush. They have a RB (D.Davis) who recently signed a long term deal and Bush would have been a luxury on a team with a lot of needs. However, since there appears to be a whole lot of teams coveting Bush, why sign Mario Williams before pursuing all trade offers? New Orleans is asking a ton for the rights to trade up for Bush, Houston should not have given up the trade option until at least 14:50 of their clock time.

I have no problem with Houston passing on Reggie Bush.  They have a RB (D.Davis) who recently signed a long term deal and Bush would have been a luxury on a team with a lot of needs.  However, since there appears to be a whole lot of teams coveting Bush, why sign Mario Williams before pursuing all trade offers?  New Orleans is asking a ton for the rights to trade up for Bush, Houston should not have given up the trade option until at least 14:50 of their clock time.

674102[/snapback]

If Williams was the guy they wanted and knew the Saints would draft him with the second pick why on earth would they trade down??? makes absolutely no sense

trade would only be a possibility if they were not sold on Bush and Williams

I applaud Houston for knowing what they want, making a decision and making it happen

I have no problem with Houston passing on Reggie Bush.  They have a RB (D.Davis) who recently signed a long term deal and Bush would have been a luxury on a team with a lot of needs.  However, since there appears to be a whole lot of teams coveting Bush, why sign Mario Williams before pursuing all trade offers?  New Orleans is asking a ton for the rights to trade up for Bush, Houston should not have given up the trade option until at least 14:50 of their clock time.

674102[/snapback]

I think the answer to Your question can be found in the Draft a few Years back when the Texans passed on Peppers to Draft Carr at #1 Overall...

Not saying MW is another Julius Peppers...Just saying that decision still haunts some in Houston...:blink:

I think the answer to Your question can be found in the Draft a few Years back when the Texans passed on Peppers to Draft Carr at #1 Overall...

Not saying MW is another Julius Peppers...Just saying that decision still haunts some in Houston...:blink:

674155[/snapback]

an expansion team taking a QB with their first pick is just dumb

674155[/snapback]

Interesting thought. Peppers is a superstar and Carr is still, well, David Carr.

Mike