With Favre coming back look for GB

I was just listening to Fox Sports Radio and Chris Myers laid out a bunch of scenarios according to some Jets rumors that are floating around today.

He basically said that the new rumor of the day involves the Jets in a three way deal with the Raiders and Saints where the Raiders would ultimately move up to #2 and trade Jerry Porter to the Jets along with picks. The players mentioned in the deal draft-wise were Mario Williams, D'Brick, Leinart, and Young. It was convoluted and drawn out, but seemed interesting.

They also mentioned that with the reports of Sir Brett coming back that the Pack may focus on either Vernon Davis or D'Brick (if he fell that far).

So, long story short, if some of these scenarios take shape the Bills may just very well have someone like Hawk fall into their laps. It certainly sets up for one of the more interesting drafts in a long time for me.

I've already informed the woman to find plenty of things to do on Saturday and Sunday because i may not even leave the house this weekend. Not to mention the Sabres on Sunday. C'mon weekend.........

If hawk falls to 8 this would be great news because my sense is that many teams lower in the draft would be salivating for him like many in this thread.

Drafting an OLB and paying him the slotted #8 contract would be horrbile for team building to get more Ws as it would be definition force the Bills to pay millions to a player to sit on the bench this year as well as make us unable to fill gaping holes for a starter not on the roster at DT and SS (not to mention the continuing need to reinforce the OL).

Drafting and keeping Hawk gives us a great player but really hurts development of this team.

It would only be great for the Bills team because the chances are high we would find a trade partner willing to give us more resources  to move to the #8.

If Hawk dropping to #8 got us Bunckley or Ngata, and Justice or Winston, and a safety like a Bing in the second round this would be a very good draft for us and do far more for us in terms of generating Ws that getting Hawk and one second round pick with the job of filling holes at DT, and SS, and OL around Hawk.

671259[/snapback]

Here's something else to consider. What if New Orleans gets hand strapped into taking Mario Williams and Hawk falls to the Bills? If I'm Marv I'm letting New Orleans know that we'd be willing to give them Hawk (if he feel to us), one of our 3rd picks (which NO currently doesn't have), our 4th and our first pick in the 5th round. That would give the Saints Hawk and 3 extra picks in a deep draft. I think they could be tempted into trading us Mario Williams for that.

Here's something else to consider. What if New Orleans gets hand strapped into taking Mario Williams and Hawk falls to the Bills? If I'm Marv I'm letting New Orleans know that we'd be willing to give them Hawk (if he feel to us), one of our 3rd picks (which NO currently doesn't have), our 4th and our first pick in the 5th round. That would give the Saints Hawk and 3 extra picks in a deep draft. I think they could be tempted into trading us Mario Williams for that.

671279[/snapback]

absolute insanity giving up 4 picks for 1 player.

even worse than the Losman travesty.