Can't wait to tune in 610 WIP today!

...as to be in the Philly area, I will say that you will be missing the truely heart-warming experience that is listening to Philadelphia sports radio when a home team loses. It's like Christmas!

Plus throw in Hitchcock's hissy fit....ahhhhhhh. It's gonna be great!

For those of you in the Buffalo area (or elsewhere) I would say taking off work and driving a few hours to be within radio range would be worth it.

...as to be in the Philly area, I will say that you will be missing the truely heart-warming experience that is listening to Philadelphia sports radio when a home team loses.  It's like Christmas!

Plus throw in Hitchcock's hissy fit....ahhhhhhh.  It's gonna be great!

For those of you in the Buffalo area (or elsewhere) I would say taking off work and driving a few hours to be within radio range would be worth it.

669741[/snapback]

I called in to Cataldi's show this morning and talked trash. They threw me off toot suite.

:)

...as to be in the Philly area, I will say that you will be missing the truely heart-warming experience that is listening to Philadelphia sports radio when a home team loses.  It's like Christmas!

Plus throw in Hitchcock's hissy fit....ahhhhhhh.  It's gonna be great!

669741[/snapback]

I gave up listening to that station a few years ago. I just might have to tune in again to hear the suicide watch. I need to know what bridges to avoid when going to work. :)

Have at 'em boys.

http://www.610wip.com/

669754[/snapback]

Man, that's the best sports station in the country.....My radio never came off that station when I lived in Philly. I used to love when people would call up and start busting Eskin's nuts.....good stuff :) Cataldi would get into it with a caller once in a while, but he's got such a schtick that it was more an act than anything else. Atlanta has a couple decent sports radio stations, but nothign like WIP.

I will never forget some of the comments I heard on WIP 610 years ago (Lindros era when the Flyers were contenders)

In October, the 3 guys on the station were having a SERIOUS discussion about the Flyers going undefeated for the ENTIRE season...they were actually analyzing the schedule..."well at Colorado, that should at least be a tie" etc etc....I almost swirved off the road :):w00t::w00t:

Then the next segment was one of the guys INSISTING that ties shoudl be elimnated because at least 50 percent of ALL hockey games end in a tie....and he was so trying to make his case..."Look at last year, Winnipeg had 19 ties..(this is how long ago this was)..."boston has 15 ties, and so on"...did this tool realize that if 50 percent of ALL the NHL games ended in ties, that ALL the teams would have to AVERAGE 40-42 ties a year?? When is the last time you ever saw even 1 team with 42 ties??? :D:w00t:

Comical. Just comical.

Man, that's the best sports station in the country.....My radio never came off that station when I lived in Philly. I used to love when people would call up and start busting Eskin's nuts.....good stuff :)  Cataldi would get into it with a caller once in a while, but he's got such a schtick that it was more an act than anything else. Atlanta has a couple decent sports radio stations, but nothign like WIP.

669772[/snapback]

tell you what...i know i am in the minority here, but i think howard eskin is GREAT...mainly because I hate all philly sports teams and he is so great at calling them out when they suck it up. plus he is the best-connected sports guy in that town (and there are some very good ones there)so you get lots of inside dirt when you listen to him.

he's pissed me off plenty in the past, like when he busts on chaney and my beloved temple owls, but no one gets the story like howard eskin, and no one is as HONEST.

i remember laughing my ass off a couple years ago when he called out phil jackson for being a mediocre coach who was the LUCKIEST s.o.b. who ever walked. i guess the fact that i happened to agree with him made that monologue a little more entertaining. ;)

so go ahead and slay me if you want, but i think he's great. I am definitely a fan of that show.

tell you what...i know i am in the minority here, but i think howard eskin is GREAT...mainly because I hate all philly sports teams and he is so great at calling them out when they suck it up.  plus he is the best-connected sports guy in that town (and there are some very good ones there)so you get lots of inside dirt when you listen to him.

he's pissed me off plenty in the past, like when he busts on chaney and my beloved temple owls, but no one gets the story like howard eskin, and no one is as HONEST. 

i remember laughing my ass off a couple years ago when he called out phil jackson for being a mediocre coach who was the LUCKIEST s.o.b. who ever walked.  i guess the fact that i happened to agree with him made that monologue a  little more entertaining.  :)

so go ahead and slay me if you want, but i think he's great.  I am definitely a fan of that show.

669817[/snapback]

The problem with Eskin is that he will blindly defend people until it looks like they are getting run out of town. He will then toss them under the bus. This is especially apparent within the Iggles organization. He is a major suck up so that he can get his information, to the point of being nauseating.

tell you what...i know i am in the minority here, but i think howard eskin is GREAT...mainly because I hate all philly sports teams and he is so great at calling them out when they suck it up.  plus he is the best-connected sports guy in that town (and there are some very good ones there)so you get lots of inside dirt when you listen to him.

i remember laughing my ass off a couple years ago when he called out phil jackson for being a mediocre coach who was the LUCKIEST s.o.b. who ever walked.  i guess the fact that i happened to agree with him made that monologue a  little more entertaining.  :)

so go ahead and slay me if you want, but i think he's great.  I am definitely a fan of that show.

669817[/snapback]

No, I'm totally with ya! I loved listening to the Eskin show! I was going to Temple during the day and working full time at night, so I was usually sleeping in the late afternoon/early evening when he was on....so being a huge fan of WIP, it was always a treat when I got to hear his show. My ten years in Rochester turned me into a diehard Bills fan for life....but those four years in Philly really turned me into a SPORTS fan, you know? It's one of the best - if not THE best - sports cities in the world. Yeah, the fans can get a little crazy, but it's craziness driven by intense passion and love for their teams. I'll never be a Phillies fan, and I'll never be a real big Eagles fan, but there was always something interesting going on with those teams, which made for entertaining sports radio. I pretty much adopted the Sixers and Flyers, but when the Flyers go down to the Sabres it's sort of the same as one of your brothers winning a fight against another one. But anyway, it's just a great city.....I really miss it there.

i remember laughing my ass off a couple years ago when he called out phil jackson for being a mediocre coach who was the LUCKIEST s.o.b. who ever walked.  i guess the fact that i happened to agree with him made that monologue a  little more entertaining.  :D

669817[/snapback]

Before the Eagles played the Bills in 2003, he said "well the Bills only beat Jacksonville last week because of turnovers". That's funny because the Jags had zero turnovers in that game. That same week he said something about having to give up draft picks to sign Takeo Spikes. Another time he was trying to convince somebody what a great supporting cast Elway had in the 80's and he couldn't name 1 single WR as he kept stuttering like a putz trying to think of one. I haven't listened much since then. The guy is a flat out retard. I have no problem with hosts being jerks to callers because most radio callers are stupid, but at least get your facts straight. I can't believe people who know less about sports than me get paid to talk about it.