Draft Players highlight film website

junior

How did this drop so far? Did everyone already know about it? New to me!

Thanks!

EDIT: Wow, Mangold looks good. I hadn't had a chance to see him, only read about him. I wish he could drop to our pick in the second.

Also, I know it's only a few clips, but Latui seemed to get A LOT of help. There was almost always someone coming over to double up his guy. Hard to get a feel for him when there is always two on one. Is there a reason help was always shifted to his side?

I agree, Mangold looked very good to me. Lutui looked pretty good to me too. I agree it's hard to know what to make of it when so many shots show him blocking with help, but he looked nimble and persistent. When was the last time someone described someone on our O-line as "high-motor?"

I was also impressed with Gabe Watson. He looked really big, strong and really kept forcing himself toward the play in every clip. I would love to see hime in a Bills uniform.

OT: If I see an orange cat alarm clock in the next few days, I almost certainly will purchase it so I can smash it to pieces. Why would they place the same ad at the front of almost every clip? Holy crap - - it was cute the first time, but made me want to send a nasty-gram to the AMEX marketing department by the 10th time.

GREAT find. Yahoo puts up their highlights this week for basically every player in the Draft, so I'm looking forward to seeing highlights on some of the lesser known players.

Whoa, check out the Gradkowski highlights...kid's got a cannon! Too bad 95% of those highlights were againt Kentucky or Ohio :lol:

One thing I've noticed right off the bat is the huge problem with any of these highlight videos. Great for entertainment, but I wouldnt use them for scouting. A normal fan will watch a highlight video and judge EVERYTHING by the collection in front of him. Its a bad idea since most of the time the highlight package doesnt tell the whole story. Case in point, Vernon Davis. If you knew NOTHING about Vernon Davis...after watching that highlight film of him, you'd be totally underwhelmed. I counted only one dominant play in that entire series, with the rest of them making him looking downright pedestrian. However, everyone knows Davis is a freak and amazingly talented...that highlight package doesnt do him justice. Thats why I kind of chuckle when I hear people pass judgement on a player based on watching a fan-made (or Sports network made) highlight package...there are literally hours of footage on every player, yet we fans assume that based on 30 seconds of viewing...we can make a sound decision on whether or not that player will be a bust in the NFL.

GREAT find.  Yahoo puts up their highlights this week for basically every player in the Draft, so I'm looking forward to seeing highlights on some of the lesser known players.

Whoa, check out the Gradkowski highlights...kid's got a cannon!  Too bad 95% of those highlights were againt Kentucky or Ohio  :lol:

One thing I've noticed right off the bat is the huge problem with any of these highlight videos.  Great for entertainment, but I wouldnt use them for scouting.  A normal fan will watch a highlight video and judge EVERYTHING by the collection in front of him.  Its a bad idea since most of the time the highlight package doesnt tell the whole story.  Case in point, Vernon Davis.  If you knew NOTHING about Vernon Davis...after watching that highlight film of him, you'd be totally underwhelmed.  I counted only one dominant play in that entire series, with the rest of them making him looking downright pedestrian.  However, everyone knows Davis is a freak and amazingly talented...that highlight package doesnt do him justice.  Thats why I kind of chuckle when I hear people pass judgement on a player based on watching a fan-made (or Sports network made) highlight package...there are literally hours of footage on every player, yet we fans assume that based on 30 seconds of viewing...we can make a sound decision on whether or not that player will be a bust in the NFL.

667517[/snapback]

When that comes out, can you please post it.

I was also impressed with Gabe Watson.  He looked really big, strong and really kept forcing himself toward the play in every clip.  I would love to see hime in a Bills uniform.

667492[/snapback]

I just watched most of the DT's.

I have watched a few clips lately, and it only furthers my opinion that Bunkley is NOT the right fit for this team. If we had signed Picket instead of Tripplett, then yes, he would be a great addition. And I think he'll do well in the NFL. But I think lining up Tripplett and Bunkely next to each other is a bad idea.

And I totally agree with Watson. I didn't realize how big he was. I think it would be great if we could get Justice in the first and Watson in the second. Although I think 8 is high for Justice, but looking at both talent and greatest needs, that would my ideal draft right now (with no trade scenario)

I think Watson would have to slip a bit...but not too much. Most places I"ve seen have him going early 2nd round.