With the # 8 pick the Vikings select....

I think #17 and next years #1 is fair value for the #8.  Though they may be hesitant to do such a trade because personally, I feel the vikings are in for a 4-12, 5-11 season.

662730[/snapback]

I agree that the 17th and a first rounder next year is fair, I don't think the Vikings are headed to a season of 4-12 or 5-11. That would be a big difference from last years 9-7 record and they still have all of there core players.

Bills get from Vikes...#17, #41, #48, #51, #73, and Vikes get #8 and #70, #105.

Didn't we already have #73?

If you're right, this is great. Note that we'd have 4 Round 2 picks in a draft loaded with Guards and DT's in that range.

17. Marcus McNeill, OT, Auburn

41. Darnell Bing, S, USC

42. Max Jean-Gilles, OG, Georgia

48. Claude Wroten, DT, LSU

51. Davin Joseph, OG, Oklahoma

73. Daryn Colledge, OT, Boise St.

If you're right, this is great. Note that we'd have 4 Round 2 picks in a draft loaded with Guards and DT's in that range.

41. Darnell Bing, S, USC

663117[/snapback]

That would be the best case scenerio.

41. Darnell Bing, S, USC

663117[/snapback]

4 o-lieman would be unbelievable!!!!

41. Darnell Bing, S, USC

663117[/snapback]

NcNeil and Jean-Gilles remind me too much of Mike Williams.

Other than that, I love your train of thought!!!

You said it better than I could have, that's for sure.

I am not a draftnik, nor an expert (in basically anything), but Davis could fill a serious hole on this team for years to come. Certainly the Bills have other holes, but none of the players available at 8 (in my mind) can have the impact that Davis can.

Still, since he is my number one wish, I know that he will be gone before the Bills get a chance to nab him :angry:

662851[/snapback]

I am really excited about V Davis. BUT, looking back you would see two consecutive drafts and a 1 and a 2 for tight end. Who does that? Nobody. Except maybe a real loser francise. Think of the money youd have tied up in TEs. However this does point out what a terrible pick Everrtt was. Maybe this is TD;s worst pick of all time. I think it worse than Losman (whom we all liked too at the time and Drew too.

The few highlights I saw of Everrett were nothing special. The Bills saw something that just wasnt there.

41. Darnell Bing, S, USC

663117[/snapback]

i like this a lot.

i'd rather take justice if he is there at 17 (obviously not too likely) and failing that i think an impact D lineman will be there at 17.

if we grab D in round 1, i think there might be an OT at 41/42, and then we can grab an S, DT, OG over the next few picks.

if we have a hot pick fall to us at 8 (i think vince would be the hottest one, followed by davis) we could end up with 7 or 8 day 1 picks.

I think we need

2 DT

3 OL

and 1 S and whatever with the other pick(s)

in terms of long term quality it all comes down to marv making the right choices.

in terms of day one impact, a D guy early, an S who can run, and interior O linemen will give us the biggest boost.

i don't think an OT that falls to us will be better year 1 than what we have, but i think we can upgrade the middle of both our lines and get 2 or 3 new starters.

41. Darnell Bing, S, USC

663117[/snapback]

I like your thinking, though McNeil is a reach at #17. Every other pick looks realistic and just what the Dr. ordered. Looks like we have options should other teams desires to move up are fevered. Exciting to think about!!