only ourselves to blame

beausox

And that's the fans' fault?

662159[/snapback]

It is gonna be a stretch... Don't think I am taking his side, I am not.

Delve deep into Buffalo's long history and the types of labor that is associated with the area...

It can tell you a lot about why Buffalo never expanded with these companies.

There are a lot of other interesting aspects also...

I am not taking about your basic X's and O's here either... Look outside the box.

:huh::huh:

I must have missed the news conference.  When is moving day?

663029[/snapback]

New owners will not immediately share in " revenue sharing". So when Golisano et al fork over 600,000.000 or so( oh what an or so to billionaires you ask)they will in effect be paying, by dint of not receiving a fair share, an initiation fee to the "club of owners". If the Bills are worth 600 mil they are worth a lot more if relocated to LA wherer there resides more people per square inch of have a casual disregard for money. That is the memo you missed. The "new owners " of the Bills will have to have an inordinate sense of civic regard for Buffalo and environs and the fans need to realize that they too have a role to play in order to continue to enjoy the signature possession of Buffalo

See todays Wednesday  D&C column on raising ticket prices to keep Bills competitive

665329[/snapback]

I totally agree with Rodney J.

There's many things the Bills could do with ticket pricing to increase their revenue. As I wrote in the thread about Golisano

such as:

- variable pricing - charge more for Home opener, early season, Miami games and less for late season games

- more price tiers for tickets: lower bowl between the 25's, from 25's to goal line, corners, end zones, etc.

- variable pricing - charge more for Home opener, early season, Miami games and less for late season games

- more price tiers for tickets: lower bowl between the 25's, from 25's to goal line, corners, end zones, etc.

665365[/snapback]

but this would only make sense...stop with these posts at once!!

but this would only make sense...stop with these posts at once!!

665391[/snapback]

Or better yet, when they sell huge blocks of tickets to travel agencies for visiting fans ( ex Pats ), charge them triple. They'll still pay it.

Or better yet, when they sell huge blocks of tickets to travel agencies for visiting fans ( ex Pats ), charge them triple. They'll still pay it.

665418[/snapback]

Now THATS an idea I agree with! :ph34r:

Although Pats fans prices should be quadrupled!

665418[/snapback]

You are onto something... Just as they give breaks in pricing to people that live in Chicago when they visit a museum... The same can be done with Bills games.

Charge more to people or groups that don't pay NYS or county taxes.

Tax dollars do go into a home game I assume... Why should residents pay towards that amount in taxes and then the premium ticket price?... Out of state/county visitors and patrons should pay a premium... Just as they do when visiting some of the attractions I explained above in Chicago...

<_<