Coolest collectors item ever....

CajunBillsBacker

I know none of you are LSU fans, but I just scored probably the coolest memorbillia a sports fan would appreciate. Went down to Tiger Stadium in Baton Rouge yesterday and they were removing all the old seats that have been in the stadium for decades, and replacing with new ones. Long story short, the contractor let me have 13 of the actual seats that were in the stadium.

I figured some of you historic College football fans like myself would appreciate the value of such an item, priceless!

Picture of them in my LSU sports room

Anyone else out there have any type of "piece of history" collectors items in your house?

I know none of you are LSU fans, but I just scored probably the coolest memorbillia a sports fan would appreciate. Went down to Tiger Stadium in Baton Rouge yesterday and they were removing all the old seats that have been in the stadium for decades, and replacing with new ones. Long story short, the contractor let me have 13 of the actual seats that were in the stadium.

I figured some of you historic College football fans like myself would appreciate the value of such an item, priceless!

Picture of them in my LSU sports room

Anyone else out there have any type of "piece of history" collectors items in your house?

659649[/snapback]

Awesome. :D

My best collectors possession is a Jim Kelly autographed jersey from the day he was inducted into the HOF.

659649[/snapback]

I'm a Detroit Tigers fan (yeah, yeah, laugh all you want) and I got the same thing as you CajunBB. When they were building Comerica Park in Detroit and gutting out old Tiger Stadium, I managed to get my hands on four original seats from Tiger Stadium. They are down in the billiards room in my basement. Very cool.

The most I've got is a field goal tee that was laying on sidelines of our old stadium on campus, now used as practice fields. I sometimes do some recreational figgies. If our kicking game sucks next year, you'll know who to blame.... The guy who got a five-finger discount on a cheap PVC rig. :blink:

Getting seats like that for your room must be awesome. Tho, I would've poured some concrete and made a real stadium seating thing in front of the game TV.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.