(OT) Monreal Expos moving to Washington?

Like A Mofo

Even so, the Expos franchise will make more money in DC than in Montreal.

48867[/snapback]

How could they not make more $$$?

I used to be an Expos fan way back when they came into the league and their games were shown on the CBC in Buffalo. Still, its hard to get upset by this move when they drew more fans in Puerto Rico (10,000 per game) than Montreal (9,000+) last year.

http://mtlexpos.tripod.com/attendance_archive.htm

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/teams/stadium?team=mon

Many people here might not know that this team was originally all set to be an expansion team in Buffalo. It was a last second deal (literally a few days before announcement) that the decision was made that they would go to Montreal instead.

----------------

Go Bills

Many people here might not know that this team was originally all set to be an expansion team in Buffalo. It was a last second deal (literally a few days before announcement) that the decision  was made that  they would go to Montreal instead.

----------------

Go Bills

49613[/snapback]

Wow, did not know that...wouldnt it be nice for Buffalo to get a shot of having a MLB team instead of a city that lost 2 franchises already? $ talks I guess...pathetic

Wow, did not know that...wouldnt it be nice for Buffalo to get a shot of having a MLB team instead of a city that lost 2 franchises already?  $ talks I guess...pathetic

49628[/snapback]

It would have been nice to have the team initially, but, something tells me that we would have ended up in the same boat that Montreal is in now. I think the Bisons and Triple AAA ball are a better fit for us right now. We get the best franchise in that league rather than one of the worst in the majors. And the Bisons are the champs. Not a bad year for Buffalo baseball.

----------

Go Bills

It's amusing to hear the gloom and doom of the locals regarding this. They act like they will be ruined or something.

As for Angelos, for a guy whose law office stops at nothing to get what they want (how many asbestos cases did he manipulate in order to get as RICH as he is, anyway?), he really should chill. The Orioles will still be THE team here and if he spends the $$ to bring in the players, his fans will still support the team. No matter how well the Ravens do, Baltimore is and always will be an Orioles town.

Regardless, MLB sucks.

Regardless, MLB sucks.

49847[/snapback]

So true. The way the league is now, we are likely to see 30 years (maybe more) of World Series consisting of the Yankees vs. whichever wealthy N.L. team gets hot that year. And the Yankees winning 75% of the meetings. So ridiculous and certainly not fun.

--------------

Go Bills