Who is your favorite former-player announcer?

bartshan-83

Seems like some players have made the transformation to announcer/analyst very smoothly.

My Good list would be:

Steve Young

Tom Jackson

Dan Marino (yes even Dan).

Sterling Sharpe (what ever happened to him?)

Bad List:

Michael Irvin (get a fuggin clue bro)

Terry Bradshaw (good analysis but so damn annoying)

Merril Hoge (Tries to get a reaction by saying the dumbest damn things)

Shannon Sharpe (I liked his trash talk as a player but he can barely speak...constantly butchers names, teams, plays)

Steve Young is awful.  I do like TJ and Sterling though.  Marino isn't that bad.  I'd rather have him than either Randy Cross or Brent Jones, who are two of the worst ones working now.

48500[/snapback]

You hate Young? I think he is real good. I DID forget about Randy Cross though. He just bumbed Irvin for #1.

peace

Tom Jackson is razor sharp on NFL Primetime on Sunday nights. All the rest are a big step down.

Why the Networks insist on putting 4,5 ex-Players together on those pre-game shows defies explanation. Those shows are terrible and so are the lineup of ex-players.

Has anyone caught Spencer Tillman on the Saturday College games? I believe he's on CBS. He's excellent.

Tom Jackson is razor sharp on NFL Primetime on Sunday nights. All the rest are a big step down.

Why the Networks insist on putting 4,5 ex-Players together on those pre-game shows defies explanation. Those shows are terrible and so are the lineup of ex-players.

Has anyone caught Spencer Tillman on the Saturday College games? I believe he's on CBS.  He's excellent.

48527[/snapback]

Tillman isn't that bad. He used to host the Sunday Ticket show. He is much better than most of those on NFL games, such as the aforementioned Jones and Cross and the ever annoying John Madden.