Would you trade our 1st in 2007

marck

It came to mind with the loss of Eric Moulds to the Texans that the Bills have 10 draft picks, extra cap spendings and a number of options.

One option would be to bypass all of the has-been receivers in the remaining free-agent pool and possibly strike up a deal with Denver for their 2nd pick in this year's draft.

I could see the value for both teams in making a move such as this.

For Buffalo, it would provide them an opportunity to add one more quality players this year to build a young and developing team.

For Denver, it would lesson the burden of a high draft pick under their present salary cap constraints and provide them an opportunity to pick high net year, if the Bills have a very poor season.

The way I see it, next year's draft will be much weaker then this years because of all the juniors and redshirt sophomores that ccame out this year due to the projected changes in the CBA.

Even though I see the Bills as a 5 to 7 win team next year, and therefore earning a probable top ten pick, the trade woulkd benefit us in that we could have one more quality building block in place and more money available next year in free agency without having to worry about money allocated for a high draft choice.

I feel if we use this years draft to build a core base of young talent to go with the talent we already have in place, we could use the next off-season to add just the right mix of free agent help to push us to a strong contending club for the next four or five seasons.

Love to hear your feedback on this idea.

Certainly that would be a good deal for us, but I think that teams normally value this year's first round higher than next year's first round. I think it's sort of like the PV of $ idea... so you'd probably have to throw in a 5th rounder or something at least.