Bills Needs

Brodrick Bunkley, FSU -- Strongest DT he's ever seen, potential to be the very best of this class but for now isn't a complete football player yet

648777[/snapback]

I don't like the sound of that. Pick 8 is too high to select a project. But what the hell this is all guess work anyway.

I don't like the sound of that.  Pick 8 is too high to select a project.  But what the hell this is all guess work anyway.

648808[/snapback]

Bunkley is Erik Flowers reincarnate. I don't like it when players move from the middle of the second round to the ...8th pick in the first round ----> After the season is over. If we grab someone who, based on FOOTBALL talent, should be picked no earlier than between 20th and 40th, I'm gonna be bummin' out on 4-29-06.

Davin Joseph out of Oklahoma is the solution to our LG spot.  Every new thing I hear about this kid, the more I love him.  He's strong, smart, versatile, a team player (played Guard his entire life but volunteered to take over LT when his teammate got hurt), and claims that the player he modeled his style over was former Bills guard, Ruben Brown.

I say take him in the 2nd and put the LG spot out of your mind for the next 5 years because this kid has all the tools to dominate in the NFL.  In fact, the only negative thing I've read about him is his height (only 6'3).  But even thats not such a bad thing if he's playing Guard.  As long as he's got the bulk, wingspan and strength (which he does) than his height shouldnt matter too much.

To me, he's the best choice for us in the 2nd, regardless of what we do in the first.

648403[/snapback]

I stand by my thoughts in January that I feel Joseph is defiantely worthy of our 2nd Round pick yet feel if we can get a OT prospect like Eric Winston (but will now admit he's more likely available with our 2nd than our 1st) and shift Gandy to LG it might be a better plan. Of course as my mock shows I also feel drafting a OG prospect later in the draft to shore up depth still important.

Bunkley is Erik Flowers reincarnate. I don't like it when players move from the middle of the second round to  the ...8th pick in the first round ----> After the season is over. If we grab  someone who, based on FOOTBALL talent, should be picked no earlier than between 20th and 40th, I'm gonna be bummin' out on 4-29-06.

648906[/snapback]

Flowers rise had more to the Bills than anything else. As most predraft publications had him as a 3rd round OLB type prospect but the Bills reached for him when he was able to run a great 40 time after putting some weight on for the combine and had a great Blue Gray game where he registered 3 sacks. Yet even with that Darren Howard still ranked ahead of him by most.

I stand by my thoughts in January that I feel Joseph is defiantely worthy of our 2nd Round pick yet feel if we can get a OT prospect like Eric Winston (but will not admit he's more likely available with our 2nd than our 1st) and shift Gandy to LG it might be a better plan. Of course as my mock shows I also feel drafting a OG prospect later in the draft to shore up depth still important.

648974[/snapback]

Thats a pretty groovy mock, I'm a big fan of Darryn Colledge myself, he's the type of guy who'll never be a huge NFL megastar but I guarantee he'll start on someone's O-Line for the next decade.

And I really like Croyle, but with Nall being signed I dont think there is much room for another QB to join the fray.

Thats a pretty groovy mock, I'm a big fan of Darryn Colledge myself, he's the type of guy who'll never be a huge NFL megastar but I guarantee he'll start on someone's O-Line for the next decade. 

And I really like Croyle, but with Nall being signed I dont think there is much room for another QB to join the fray.

648980[/snapback]

Yeah I made the mock prior to Nall's signing which means I'll probably be updating it again one more time before April 29th. Though I like what you did on day 1 of yours and like some of your day 2 picks too. My only concern is taking a RT like Whitworth in Round 3 and I have small issues with Dvoracek's background.

There would not be many Bills fans who honestly believe we can make the playoffs this year....we'd all love it to happen but it would have to take a rare thinker to truly believe it.

That being said, what does it matter(in the long run) if we have glaring holes.

I'm hoping we take the best available player with each pick, especially the #8 pick.

Either that or trade down & get more picks. If Ngata doesn't fit the system & Bunkley is a reach at #8, we should either trade down or select a different possition.